Chapter 38

"Morning." Cassidy's voice echoed through the hotel room as Riley raised her head from the pillows.

Riley groaned from the ache in the back of my head, "My head—"

"There's water and a Tylenol on the nightstand." Cassidy cut her off—she was sat on the window bench.

Riley moved on the bed and grabbed both things and drank the pills—her throat feeling relieved by the cold water. "Thanks."

Cassidy nodded and stood up from her seat and walked all through the hotel room and sat on the bed besides Riley. She could feel the intense staring from the blonde—but she was too ashamed to look at her.

"I'm sorry about last night." She muttered but it was loud enough for the blonde to hear.

"Look at me Riley." Cassidy said—it was not in a threatening way, you could sense nothing but compassion on her tone.

"I really I'm sorry Cass." Riley shook her head and looked at the white sheets that covered her, warm tears on the border of spilling.

The Scot took a hold of her face with one hand and made them face each other. "I know that you are sorry Riley, you are sorry every time it happens... but at some point we have to do something about it other than regret."

"I know."

Cassidy gulped when her brown teary eyes looked at her—she let go of her face and grabbed both her hands instead. "While we were in Italy and you bought the house I did some research... they have a rehabilitation facility in Milan—"

"No, n—no Cassidy." Riley shook her head and tried to get away but the blonde had a firm grip on her.

"Listen to me— Riley listen to me." She got her to stop trying to get up from leave the bed. "You have to okay? You have to because there is no other way that you can overcome this, you've tried, you've tried these past months and you eventually succumb and fall in a vicious cycle."

"I'm not going into a rehabilitation center so everyone can abandon me there and forget my existence! I rather die." Riley's tears now streamed down her cheeks, her chest heaved up and down. "I won't."

"Do you trust me?" Cassidy took a hold of her face again. "After these past months we've spent together... do you trust me Riley?"

Riley closed her eyes and let more tears fall.

"Do you trust me?" She repeated.

"I do." Her voice cracked and her brown reddish eyes that glistened with tears fluttered open.

Cassidy moved some hair away from the brunette's face. "There's a rehabilitation center in Milan not far from where you bought the house, if you are willing to ingress yourself in it I'll live there as long as you are in the center. I will live there in Milan and visit whenever I'm allowed to. I spoke to your mom this morning... I know I shouldn't have but she— she called and I was worried and I told her and— and I'm sorry for that—"

"I'll do it." Riley gulped and nodded, "I'll go."

"Will you?" Cassidy was unsure even after hearing it.

"But promise not to leave me there, you have to promise me that."

Scared was an understatement to how Riley felt by the idea of having to be trapped inside a facility for God knows how long—definitely not less than a year.

"I'll move to Italy to be with you, I'll be there every step of the way. I just want you to be okay Riley—I care about you, I want you to be the funny amazing girl I know you are when you are sober—that I'm sure you were even more before the drinking problems. I want to help you, let me help you." She had never seen so much emotion from Cassidy—never. The Scot was almost begging her with her eyes and Riley couldn't let her down, not while she seemed to have so much hope and faith in her.