Chapter 29 ~ Regaining Trust

Keeleigh's POV ~

All in those few seconds that my lips were connected to Nath's it felt like everything was the same as it had always been, like nothing had ever changed!

It was only when we pulled away that I remembered I was with Jay and I needed to sort things out there. I also was expecting it when Nath gave me a serious look "we need to talk about some other stuff too" he states. I nod knowing this was bound to come up...

"If we get back together I need to know how I'm gonna trust you. You did sleep with my band mate behind my back after all!" Nathan points out. I nod knowing this won't be an easy transition from one relationship back into another. "I'm going to prove to you that you can trust me. I won't ever do that again, I promise...I love you" I smile. He smiles back and lifts my hand to his lips, placing a kiss on it.

I find myself wrapping my arms around his torso and leaning my head against his chest. I relax against him as his arms wrap around me, protecting me. I feel safe and weightless in his hold. "I'm gonna give you another chance because I believe some things are worth fighting for" he mumbles into my hair before kissing my forehead.

I pull away and stare down at our hands which seemed to have joined together during the brief hugging session. I blush and unlace my fingers from his "I need to go and tell Jay" I frown.

Nath puts a hand on my shoulder and stops me from walking inside "leave it till morning when he's sober, yeah? He'll only take it badly if you tell him now". I nod understanding his point. "Just go in and pretend everything is fine for one last night" Nath smiles and kisses me quickly.

I go back inside and about 10 mins later Nathan returns. Nobody even noticed we'd gone outside! I was quite relieved about that really.