Chapter 34 ~ Big steps

Nathan's POV ~

Now let me tell you, it's not been easy but from the moment I saw Kee I knew that she would always be mine. This day is all about that first moment! Today is the Anniversairy of when we first met.

I help Kee out of the limo I hired to take us to dinner. She looks absolutely stunning in her new turquoise skater dress and silver Sandals. I also bought her a new necklace the other day as a present! It's silver and has a little 'N&K' which hangs perfectly in the middle of her chest. I helped her put it on earlier. Also her flame red hair is curled and hangs to one side.

She slips her hand in mine as we walk into the restaurant. I managed to have a word with the manager last week and reserve a room all to ourselves! I go up to the waiter who is greeting everyone as they come in "table for 2, under the name of Sykes. I spoke to the manager last week" I tell him. The waiter nods "right this way" he shows us to our separate room.

I pull Kee's chair out for her, being the gent I am. "Since when did you develop manners?" She teases. I poke my tongue out at her as I sit down too, that makes her giggle. I smile back at her. The waiter comes to take our drink orders "beer for me and babe?" I look at Kee. "Sparkling white wine" Keeleigh inputs. The waiter writes down our orders and disappears behind the bar.

I rest my hand on the table and take Kee's hand in mine "you're amazing you know" I tell her. She blushes, I chuckle because she's cute when she blushes.

A bit later the waiter comes back with our drinks and takes our food orders. I the bit of free time I have to make some kind of excuse "I need to go to the bathroom" I smile. She nods and I go into the Gents to get my head together. I'm so nervous tonight.

**

Keeleigh's POV ~

Sitting at the table alone gave me a chance to think about how hot Nath looked tonight in his freshly dry cleaned, black suit, white shirt and black tie. His hair in his usual quiff as well. He did seem a little odd tonight though, very soppy and remembering his manners. Something's not right there!

I smiled at Nath as he came back and sat down. "Everything okay?" I smile. He nodded "yeah. It's all good" he smiles back and places his hand on top of mine again. The food is brought out soon and we dig in. The food is lovely! Never been to this restaurant before but would definitely come again.

**

Nathan's POV ~

After dinner we just sit alone in this room and if it wasn't for the conversation between me and Kee you would probably hear a pin drop!

I notice Keeleigh studying me, I squeeze her hand and smile. "Keeleigh..." I start but begin to trail off. She nods and smiles "yes Nath?" She says mimicking my tone of voice. I laugh "stop it! I'm trying to say something here" I smirk. She just blinks.

"Keeleigh, from the moment I saw you I knew that somehow you'd always be mine. I made it my mission to find you after that concert and I found you. I don't know if it was fate or just pure luck but here we are. I love you so much and I know we've had bad times and it's not easy to forget but you are my rock, baby! You're my world and I'm not complete without you..."

I get off my seat and get down on one knee. I pull a small black box out my pocket and smile as I open it to her. Inside is a silver ring with a clear diamond on it.

"So Kee, don't just be my rock... Be my wife too?"

We stare at each other for what feels like a million years. My heart is beating so hard, I'm sure the whole restaurant can hear it. Eventually I feel a pair of arms around me, wrapping around the back of my neck.

"Yes, I'll marry you Nath. I will..."

**

{A/N - Wellllll who expected that? ;) Just the epilogue to come now!! Thank you so much everyone who is reading / has read Jaythan!!! Tell your friends about it :)

I dedicate this chapter to 5_Seconds_Of_Mikey for being bae and supporting this fanfic right from the beginning!! Not to mention I based Keeleigh on her ;) Love ya Kee Xx

- Bronnie xx