58. Tilak

The car drove inside the enormous wooden gate, Raina rolled down window and stared at the massive fort

The car drove inside the enormous wooden gate, Raina rolled down window and stared at the massive fort. Of course it was old, very old. Approximately two centuries old. But the regular renovation and fine work of traditional engineers kept the fort standing there with proud as the time passed by.

It was turned into a heritage hotel as the Royals had no use of this fort, they had plenty of other buildings to call it home. Generally, it was the property of Rathores because Maheshwari Sisodiya had no child and she had raised up his brother's son as his own, so she made Rana Uday Singh Rathore her nominee after her husband's demise.

Currently the fort was vacated on the name of renovation and repairing. The fort was like a mini city itself situated in the highland outskirts of Udaipur. Most of the hotel staff were sent away, only trusted ones were in the fort to provide helping hands.

More people, more chaos, more threat to their privacy.

Even the guests were limited, only the close royalties.

Car stopped, Raina got off from the car. She smoothen the crease on her saree as she approached the number of ladies standing at the entrance along with Maheshwari Sisodiya.

She was a little behind, walking with Dia and Gaurav. Akshit, Mr. Nagar and Mrs. Nagar were walking ahead.

She smiled seeing Vasudha and Adya appeared from the small group of women.

Rathores arrived a couple of days prior to make arrangements.

Can't be said same about the groom, he was wrapping up something important back in Jodhpur and decided to arrive on thr day of first ritual only.

After the meeting and greetings session, they were directed to the other part of fort especially arranged for bride and family.

They had separated the fort into two parts, so that they can perform the rituals perfectly and separately.
Although some rituals were planned to be done together but in a way that bride and groom can't see each other.

Yeah, yeah. Same old ritual. That meeting of both individuals were prohibited because it was considered inauspicious.

But it had it's own tangy bliss. Not seeing each other during those days used to enhance the restlessness to see each other.

But let's see if our couple feels the same or not.

Raina settled in the room which was provided to her. She was feeling tired by the journey. She went to bathroom freshen up, changing into a light Salwar Kameez.

That was one of the problems, she had to wear traditional wears only here, as she was surrounded by her to be in laws. And most often Royalties adore the traditional wears, it was another beauty of their tradition.

And it was a bit difficult for Raina, to handle it but she was getting used to wear them.

Raina made herself presentable, by braiding her long hair. She let the few tendrils cup her sides of face.