9. Best Friends Forever

Akshit was having his second ice cream. Raina was tapping the table in hurry. She signalled Dia to do something.

Dia eyed her phone, Raina understood the plan and smiled at her saying she was ready.

Dia took the phone in such a way so that Akshit won't notice. She dialled Raina's number. Soon Raina's phone rang. Raina picked it up immediately and talked animatedly over the phone.

"Hello, Anjali!!"

"Oh. That file? "

"What you are at my apartment."

"Just give me ten minutes. I'll be there. "

She put the phone back in the pocket of her trousers and turned to Akshit, "Akshit, give me your car keys. I have to give a file to my colleague urgently."

Akshit said standing up from the seat, "Hey!! We will also come. Anyways, it's already late."

Raina mentally face palmed herself, "Just give me keys. I'll be right back."

Akshit choose not to argue and gave her car keys. Raina took the keys and sprinted towards his Range Rover.

After midnight, it was his b'day and they have been celebrating it on the Juhu beach for years without any miss.

But this year, girls were not expecting him to come due to workload but he did.
She parked her car in front of the building and came back with his gift which Raina and Dia had bought for him a month ago.

She went to a bakery and got a small cake. She put them in the trunk not wanting him to get suspicious.

She returned to the ice cream parlour after fifteen minutes. Raina showed thumbs up to Dia for accomplishing her half plan.

She told Akshit, "Buddy. Let's move to our beach."

Akshit smiled hearing that, "Of course, you both will never forget my birthday."

Dia exclaimed happily, "Never!!"

Raina again insisted on driving, Dia and Akshit were settled on backseat cracking silly jokes.

Seeing the roads of Mumbai, she remembered the day when she laid her first step in this city.

After that car accident, some NGO people picked her from the road, they were returning to Mumbai so they also took her to the city of dreams. She got placed in a child shelter home and there she met Dia who was also living there.

A boy used to came there with his grandfather for charity work every weekend, Dia was already friends with him but Raina was not in good condition, she was depressed.

Akshit and Dia together tried to bring her back to life. Old bubbly and easy-going Raina was lost somewhere but they manage to bring a tough and a fighter Raina.

Akshit's parents were living in Paris and he was in India with his Grandparents. One day, she heard that his parents were flying back to India but the plane crashed. That day she witnessed a broken Akshit.

He was very fond of singing, whenever she felt sad, he used to sing for her but he stopped singing. Raina was in the same pain, the pain of losing her parents.