37. Alliance?

Enjoy the story and don't forget to fill my comment box😊

Raina's POV-

My breath got stuck when I opened it and tears brimmed in my eyes, I felt someone sitting beside me and I closed the flap of laptop in an instant.

"Hey?!!", Adya said looking a bit taken aback from my action.

I tried to smile but only I knew what I was feeling inside , I blinked my eyes to control my emotions.

Author's POV-

She asked looking closely at her face, "Why are your looking so dull all of sudden?"

"Nothing. Just tired.", Raina shook her head.

"Let's go for a walk.", Adya stood up and smiled at her.

"Sure.", Raina said meekly, she wanted to divert her mind from all the things so she agreed.

Both started strolling in the garden, Adya was saying something but Raina was only giving monosyllabic answers.

Floral scents hit her sense, she gazed around and she gasped on seeing flowerbeds planted in a specific pattern surrounding her. She wondered if it was looking so beautiful in moonlight then how would it look in day.

They had walked to a distance when Adya pulled her, "Raina, come. I want to show you something."

Raina spotted that some walls were visible then she realised that she had came to the boundary of palace. No wonders why her legs were hurting so much.

Adya pulled her excitedly behind a huge tree.

Raina was confused on her act, "Adya, what is here?"

Adya turned around and started saying, "You know, in our teenage days, me and Adhvan used to sneak out of palace. And our secret exit is here." She giggled in end.

Raina looked around in confusion and said, "How? By climbing the tree and jumping over the wall?"

Adya rolled her eyes, "Nah idiot. Come closer."

Raina went closer to the wall.

"You see it's not so high here and there is cracks so climbing is very easy.", Adya said.

"How come anyone didn't noticed it?", Raina was confused a little.

"Because it is shadowed by this huge tree and it is in the side of palace. Moreover, we have a strict security system so doesn't matter.", Adya shrugged her shoulders.

"But you know there is one danger.", Adya suddenly said making Raina jump.

Without waiting for her response, Adya pulled her away from the wall and tree.

She pointed at a particular distance, "You see that balcony with plants around it?"

Raina squinted her eye to clearly look at what Adya was pointing, it was at a distance but the big door in balcony and light coming from it made the task easier.
Raina thought, "Isn't it a little bit big to be called a balcony.?"
She nodded her head.

"It is the chamber of Adhiraj bhai sa and he nearly caught us when we were escaping for Rudra temple. But somehow we got saved.", Adya laughed.

Raina's ear perked up, "Rudra temple? Is it nearby?"

Adya nodded her head telling that it is only 20 minutes of walk from there. They decided to go back to room. After a long walk back, Raina went to her room after wishing Adya good night and picking her laptop from that table on the way.