16. Panick Attack

A man in his early thirties entered the house with a big smile plastered on his face, he called out for his daughter, "Ria!! Ria... Baby, where are you?? "

A little girl came out running from her room screaming in her baby voice, "Papa... I am here."

He saw his daughter coming and bent down on his knees.
"Ohkk. Here you are.. See, I brought something for you.. " ,he said showing her a shopping bag.

She took the shopping bag and saw it from all sides.
"What is it??", she asked looking at his father.

His father smiled at her activities and said, "Open the box yourself."

She opened the bag and took out a box. After removing the lid, she saw a beautiful frock of different shades of brown. It was the same dress which she saw yesterday in the television , she liked that dress from the first moment she saw and pointed her hand and said that she wanted that frock.

She beamed in happiness and hugged her father tightly, "Wow... My favorite dress.. Thanks papa. You are best.. "

Her father also cocooned her in his arms, "You're welcome my doll.."

She broke the hug and said still admiring the dress in her hands, "I will wear it in my birthday party.. We are throwing party.. Right??". She asked in an apprehensive tone

His father smiled, "As you wish my princess. It's my baby's 11th birthday, how couldn't I throw a party??"

Some flashes of that same girl wearing that brown frock, the frills of frocks drenched in blood came in her mind. Girl's hands were stained with blood, cheeks stained with tears but face emotionless.

Raina woke up with a jerk. Her breathing was very fast. Body drenched in sweat. She tried to calm herself down but it didn't work. She tried to regulate her breathing but it didn't slow down.

It was not those nightmares she was having, it was a panick attack. She staggered to the cupboard and opened the drawer with shaking hands . She took out a medicine bottle of relaxants. Gulping it down with a glass of water was also not an easy task with her shaking body and mind.

After taking the medicine, she lied in the bed trying to think straight but her tears was not stoping .

After fifteen minutes, her mind were calmed down dangerously. Her bedsheet near her head was wet from all the involuntary tears escaping from her eyes.

She checked the time , it was 2:30 in the morning. She closed her eyes in frustration. She went to bed on 11 o'clock and wasn't lucky enough to have a good sleep.

From last few days, nightmares were a common thing for her after hearing that she was going to Jodhpur. But tonight she had a panick attack.

She got up and took out her laptop to do some work. Diverting her mind was very necessary.

After one and half hour, she was done with the report. She was going to mail it to Rohan but then remembered his boss's instructions so she mailed it to Adhiraj.

She put that laptop on the table and went in bathroom to fresh up. She came back after taking a bath, she put on a kurti with black jeans.

Mrs. Nagar had clearly warned her to wear something ethnic in marriage rituals. However, it was not totally ethnic but good to go for Mehndi function.