24. In the middle of dessert

Word glossary:
Bhai sa- Brother.
Dupatta- Long scarf.

Raina stood in front of an old library. After inquiring a little bit from her coworkers she got to know that their is an old library sponsored by a publishing house so it would be possible to find old newspapers there.

Smell of books hit her nostrils as she entered the hall filled with hundreds of books. It was almost empty because closing time was nearing. She walked to the librarian's table where an old man was arranging keys so that he can go to his house soon.

Sensing her presence, he turned to face her. He said with raised eybrows, "You can't get any book today. It's already closing time."

Raina said with conscious, "I don't want books.. I am looking for old newspapers."

He huffed, it was not new. Earlier, it was a workshop of a publishing house later turned into library. They used to save a copy of newspapers there.

He motioned towards a corner, "You can find them there but tomorrow. Library is closed now. "

Raina shifted uncomfortably on her legs. She said with hesitation, "Uhh.. Actually,I want 12 years old newspapers..."

Man's head snapped his head towards her , he was looking at her like she was some fool while Raina was focusing on the books kept in the shelf behind man to avoid his questioning gaze.

She knew that probably that man was thinking that she was crazy but she didn't have any other choice.

Finally that man spoke, "We have them. But I don't have keys to that room. "

Raina knew that he was making an excuse so that he can escape hardwork that's why she quickly put a currency note on the table.

That old man's gaze directly travels on the note.

He tried to say, "But yo-"

She didn't let him complete his sentence by again putting another note there.

The man was looking at notes with greedy eyes.

She said in a suggesting tone, "This is advance. Arrange the keys and you will get more money."

Librarian gathered the money and hastily put them inside his pocket, "Okey.. I will get the keys tomorrow."

Raina nodded her head smirking at his lust for money , she left the library praying to get something from there.

Other day, Raina had to get ready early even when it was Saturday. She along with some officemates was going to a village for God knows what work...
Adya had clearly instructed her to wear something ethnic as the people of the village where they were going were orthodox for their culture and it was quite expected in the rural area of Rajasthan as well.

She chose a simple yellow suit with Chikankari embroidery and did her hair in braids. Mostly she used to do ponytail but braid would be suitable for suit.