30. Convincing Raina

Adhiraj POV-

I was coming out from my father's cabin conversing with our family advocate.

Mostly I am doing my official work from home itself as it was decided that I should join office after the announcement of me taking over the CEO position.

Today I was called here to discuss some legal matters..

That lawyer also went away after a minute.

I was walking to the exit, I looked around, the floor was almost quite with just a little bit of sound, early office hours are just like this.

I went towards the elevator but a sight caught my eyes...

Raina was standing near the coffee machine waiting for her coffee, her nose buried in a file. The man passed her the mug which she took without looking at it.

Her fingers accidentally touched the bottom part which was steaming hot , her eyes widened and she pulled her hand really quick. Her face scrunched like a kid who got hurt while playing.

A chuckle escaped my mouth , she was blowing small puff of air on her finger.

I shook my head at her carelessness, I moved towards the elevator but as soon as it opened someone entered in it and to my surprise that girl was Adya.

I entered behind her and she was also stunned to see me there.

Door closed and we were alone in the lift. She asked surprised, "Bhai sa... You..??? Here..??"

I shrugged, "Yeah... Some matters came up.."

She nodded her head.

I asked looking at front of us, "So??? You didn't give letter to her??"

Author's POV-

Adya closed her eyes in frustration , she took a breath and turned to face her brother, "Why are you so adamant on pushing her away?? By the way, I have already found a perfect place for her."

Adhiraj raised his eyebrows on her, "Ohh really..??"

Adya nodded her head, "Yeah.."

Adhiraj said, "That's good then.."

He wore his goggles and exited the lift.. Adya sighed in relief.. Her brother didn't know what she was planning.

After a bit of insisting her parents agreed to her demand. Now only she had to convince Raina about it and she had done her half work in that field.

• • • •

Raina was lying leisurely on the couch placed in living room and staring at the ceiling...
Someone knocked the door, she got up and reached the door, Adya rushed in as soon as she opened it .

"Adya..? You? Here?", Raina closed the door and came towards her.

Adya slumped on the couch and motioned to sit on the chair placed nearby, "Yes Raina...All good? "

Raina nodded and settled on the chair.

After a bit of chatting, Adya said what she wanted to, "I have something important to talk."

Raina blinked her eyes waiting for her to speak something.

Adya sat straight and cleared her throat, "Raina, straight coming to point, I want you to shift with me."

Raina was bewildered at her sudden commanding tone , "Excuse me, what??"

Adya realised that she should have tried to represent her point more softly.