44.Dark Memories.

An emotional chapter ahead, I had written small details because I wanted you to see what Raina usually feels.

Happy reading.

A girl woke up from her beautiful slumber, she rubbed her eyes yawning and got down from her bed.

She blinked her eyes to wipe the sleep away from them, tiptoeing to the door, she pressed her ear to the wooden surface listening if any sound could be heard from outside.

When nothing was heard, she made a bored face and walked to the bathroom to freshen up.

All refreshed, she walked through the corridor of her home looking for her parents.

"Boo!!", a sudden sound made her jump in fear, she let out a shriek in return.

She whined seeing her father trying to control her laugh, "Papa!!!"

He let out a small laugh, "Sorry sorry."

He lift her in his arms and smiled fondly at her, "Happy birthday my princess."

She hugged him as he descended down the stairs, "Thank you."

He made her sit on the dining table and he himself sat on the chair opposite of her.

The hall was decorated with balloons and ribbons.

She looked at the table filled with gifts, a beautiful lady came there and pinched her nose lovingly, "Happy birthday love."

Ria grinned in return before throwing her hands around her neck, "Thank you mumma."

They parted, Ria picked up a gift and inspected it. Ribbon was sticked on it along with a colourful paper.

She read, "Happy 11th Birthday Ria."

She pouted and put the gift back.

"What happened baby?", Raghav asked seeing her sudden mood change.

"I want a long name.", she said crossing her hands against her chest.

"What?", her mother was surprised.

"Mumma, I want a longer name. I mean Ria is good but doesn't it sounds more like nickname? I want a longer name just like my friends, they all have bigger names.", she told her problem.

"Now that's some serious issue we got. We need a longer name. Is it?", Raghav acted all serious.

Naina shook her head and went to kitchen to get her breakfast leaving the father-daughter solving their 'Serious issue'.

Naina came back after few minutes, she put the food on table and looked at her husband who was thinking deeply.

Raghav smiled brightly and took a permanent marker lying on the table.

He opened her fist and wrote his name, He looked at her, "This is your papa's name."

Then she wrote his wife's name, "This is your mumma's name."

And then he wrote something, "And this is your new name."

Raina looked at her palm.

Raghav + Naina = Raina

"Raghav plus Naina is equal to Raina.", Ria read it and giggled when she saw how her father had written that like a math equation.

"How's it?",Raghav asked.

"I like this name, name of yours and mumma is there too.", she grinned.

"What does it mean?", Naina asked leaning on his chair.