29. Adya's Crush

Akshit shouted on phone, "Are you out of your mind Raina? What are you saying??"

Raina moved the phone away from her ear. She expected the same reaction from him after sharing her plan.

She took in a breath, "Why are you shouting Akshit..? You were the one who told me to face everything."

Akshit was seating in his cabin, head resting on one hand and face full of tension.

He said trying to control his anger, "I told you to face your fear, not to jump in a river full of crocodiles .."

Raina was standing near the glass wall of corridor, she said in an irritated voice, "I am here after a long time and this is not simple as it is shown, you can't expect me to seat quietly."

Akshit asked, "What is the need of doing all this??"

Raina looked at the blue city through the glass, she whispered as in lost in her thoughts, "You know monkey, I don't even have a photograph of them , it's not like they will ever leave my mind.. But I don't have any memory , Heck!!! I even don't remember my address.. Only thing I can remember is some people's face and name, our moments together and... An.. And that day, when I lost my everything."

Akshit was silently listening her, when she silenced , he said, "Even I lost my parents baby but I moved on. Right? "

She exclaimed, "That's the thing Akshit, you lost them in accident and I...I literally saw them breathing last time with my own eyes..."

She closed her eyes as they moistened, "I don't have any souvenir of my past life except that dagger."

"I really want to know the truth.", she said in a helpless voice and ragged breath.

Akshit's eyes were focused on the a small picture of trio placed on the table. He took it and looked at it keenly.

He said in a stern voice, "Ok. Do as you wish,but remember a thing. If you will fall in any trouble small or big , I don't care, then you will have to come back without a word."

She nodded her head smiling at his possessiveness.

When Akshit didn't listened, he spoke, "You know, we are not on video call so I can't see you nodding."

She chuckled, "Of course.."

She looked at her surrounding and exclaimed, "Akshit.... You monkey... How many times have I told you not to call me in office.."

Akshit hung up the phone seeing the upcoming lecture coming from her side not wanting to blow up his mind.

He smiled and muttered caressing her face in picture, "Be safe." , and placed the photo which he was holding back to it's place still looking at it.

Adya was seating inside of Raina's cubicle doing something on her tablet. She looked at the direction where she went, their discussion was still pending...

Suddenly a peon came and asked about Raina, Adya told him that she would be there shortly. That man placed a envelope on the table and told her to give it to Raina and left the place.

Adya again went back on checking the presentation. When Raina didn't come back in other five minutes, Adya grew impatient. Her gaze fell on the white envelope.

She thought for a while but then picked up the letter out of curiosity. But as soon as she saw the subject imprinted on the envelope her jaw dropped.

Termination?? Seriously??