11. Helping a stranger

Indian language:-

Dadu / Dadaji- Grandfather

Dadi- Grandmother

Beta- Child

Raina reached at Akshit's mansion. The guards let her in without any fuss because she is a regular visitor there from years.

She entered the hall , people's chattering could be heard. She went to living room and saw Mr. and Mrs. Nagar (Akshit's grandparents in their 60's) , Akshit, Dia , Gaurav and his parents were sitting and talking.

Mr. Nagar saw her and said, "Here comes my favorite person ."

Everybody turned towards her . She smiled and touched his feet first and he patted her head and hugged her, "Young lady, you got so busy that you didn't get time to meet us."

(A/N - Touching feet is a way of greeting which shows extreme respect to the elder ones.)

She smiled at him and said, "Sorry Dadu. Just joined a new job.."

She hugged Mrs. Nagar and asked, "How are you my sweet Dadi..."

Mrs. Nagar answered patting her cheeks, "I am absolutely fine."

Mrs. Nagar made her sit beside her and ordered a servant to bring refreshments .

Later Raina greeted every elder their.
Raina asked Akshit, "So what's the urgent thing??"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. They will tell us." He said pointing at Gaurav and his family.

She said annoyed, "You texted me that it is urgent."

He just gave a sheepish smile.

Gaurav's father said to Mr. Nagar, "Nagar ji, you both are guardian of Dia and Raina. So we thought to come to you first."

Mrs. Nagar smiled knowingly, but the youngsters except Gaurav were confused.

Gaurav's mother said, "We want to take our daughter in law to our house as soon as possible."

Big and wide smile crept on everyone's faces. Dia was blushing profusely with her head ducked down.

Everyone congratulated the couple. Mrs. Nagar brought the sweets and feed the couple. Raina and Akshit group hugged the to be husband and wife.

Akshit asked, "Gaurav bro. You are my friend that's why I am asking you again. Are you ready to hear the life long lectures and scoldings from your professor wife..."

The hall filled with laughters.Dia gave him a 'you better shut your mouth' look.

Akshit again said pointing at Dia, "See. She is glaring."

Gaurav laughed, "With all pleasure."

Akshit said, "Now you are saying Pleasure but believe me Bro, after marriage the only word you will remember is Pressure."

Mrs. Nagar whacked his head, "At least now don't trouble her, she is here only for few more days."

Akshit said placing his hand around Dadi's shoulder, "Oh no Dadi. The only thing she will have to do is to take a flight and she will be here scolding us."

Gaurav said, "We should finalise the dates."

Raina teased him, "Someone is so eager to marry his fiance ."

Mr. Nagar said, "Jokes aside for a while. Let's finalise the things then you are free to tease them."

Dia pouted, "Dadu, you should be in my team.."