3. Mentor

Adhiraj came back to Mumbai after spending a couple of days with his parents

Adhiraj came back to Mumbai after spending a couple of days with his parents. He had to do many things for the shifting of the company.

A board meeting was going to hold after one weak. And he needed a full proof plan for his actions so that the investors would not back down.
Shifting company headquarters to Jodhpur from Mumbai was a risky decision.

His work schedule had been turned more hectic nowadays.
Rohan was also busy with his work as he was the MD of Rathore Enterprises.

Piles of files were stacked on his table as Adhiraj was checking them when someone knocked at the door. He ordered the person to come in. A man in his mid-sixties entered his cabin.

Adhiraj stood up to greet the person with a small smile on his lips.

That man said in his bold but enthusiastic voice, "Adhiraj!! My boy how are you??"

Adhiraj came forward to greet him, but the old man hugged him instead.

He replied, "I am good sir. Hope you are too."

Mr Bhardwaj nodded while smiling. Adhiraj called Rohan meanwhile his PA brought coffee for them.

Rohan also became happy to see Mr Bhardwaj. And why he shouldn't be? Mr Bhardwaj was the person who believed in their potential when Adhiraj and Rohan were new in this city. He was their mentor.

Mr Bhardwaj, "So Adhiraj. How's the work going?"

"It's going great. Just a little bit hectic. And it will be more hectic in the coming days.", Adhiraj said.

Mr Bhardwaj asked frowning, "Why don't you keep a secretary?"

"I already have a secretary as well as a PA. But I can't pressurise them with more work. And also I need someone loyal. Few things need an expert touch."

Mr Bhardwaj said smilingly, "You know, I was thinking the same when I was at your place. But then I met you two. You both had something special that attracted me. And that was your hunger for practical knowledge and experience of business. So I decided to guide you two."

Adhiraj nodded his head while remembering those days. How he would use to accompany Mr Bhardwaj to every important meeting.

Mr Bhardwaj said placing his hands on his shoulder, "You will be happy to know that I again met someone who has the same passion and hunger that you possessed. A shining stone who just need to be polished in a diamond."

"That's good sir. And I am sure you will teach that student of yours to her success.", Adhiraj smiled.

He nodded, "Yeah. That's good. But today I came to you for a favour."

Adhiraj sat straight, "What favour sir. You just tell us. We will do it."

Rohan also nodded at him.

Mr Bhardwaj said, "Be a mentor for my student Adhiraj."

Adhiraj asked confused, "What do you mean sir. Please explain."

Mr Bhardwaj kept the empty cup back on the table and leaned back on the sofa, "See Adhiraj. I am old enough to retire. My son has taken over the company and now he is shifting it to London. And the student I am talking about is working as an intern in my company. I am sure that, she will get a job soon. But she has the potential to be on top and she is needed to be guided properly. So I am asking you for recruiting her to your company."

Adhiraj nodded his head, "If you are praising her that means she is something. We will recruit her sir. No problem at all."

The old man again said, "I want you to test her limits, young man. You are a shrewd businessman and if you will teach her, it will be great. And it will help you too. You can give her your work and try her."

Adhiraj nodded but asked doubtfully, "Can I rely on her?"

Bhardwaj smiled, "She is very loyal."

Later Mr Bhardwaj bid his bye to Adhiraj and Rohan

Rohan turned to him and said, "So what have you thought about that girl?"

"Contact her and do the interview procedure. She will be working under you for a week and then after seeing her performance, I will decide.", he said dismissively.

Rohan nodded his head and said, "As you say. But I am looking forward to meeting her. I wonder who is the girl who amazed Bhardwaj sir this much that he came personally to us. Whatever, I am calling her tomorrow."

Adhiraj nodded and they both went back to their work.

Hey there

Hey there. Don't forget to touch the star icon.
So how's the chappy?