Part 40

Keigo's P.O.V.

"You mean THE Todoroki family, you know the number 2 fucking hero?!" Shigaraki yelled astounded, "Wow..." Toga whispered.

"Wait you said abuse" Kurogiri asked in his usual calm voice, "You can answer their question's birdy, I'm gonna go to our room okay?" The almost lifeless sounding voice of Touya mumbled, I gave his hand a quick squeeze before letting him stumble of to our room.

"You heard him, any question you have you can ask me" I told the shocked group in front of me, "Can we just get the entire story, I'm sure a lot of shit happened; and probably to you to judging from how close you are" Spinner answered in response, "The whole story?" I paused, "You sure about that" This time both Spinner and Himi answered in unison: "Yes".

"Well then, remember you asked for this" I said before taking one last breath, "Touya's story started when he developed a quirk stronger than his fathers, Endeavor is obsessed with Allmight and power; he want's to surpass him. Enji ended up being unable to fulfill his dream, so instead of giving up he decided he was gonna 'create' something that could. He forced Rei Todoroki in a marriage because of her quirk, but in the end her quirk made Touya's body unable to produce the flames his fathers part of the quirk gave him without burning his skin." I paused letting the words sink in.

"He trained him day and night, beat him every time he spilled a single tear; Touya because of the endless abuse started to feel like it was his fault. He started training harder and harder, burning himself more then he could heal. The scars slowly started forming, until the next project arrived, his sister. He was only five years old when she got born and he became very protective of her, she had red spots in her white hair so Enji decided she must have a powerful split quirk. At the age of six Endeavor deemed him unworthy of his attention and stopped paying any attention to him at all, eventually when he was six and a half Enji enrolled him into the institute" I stopped to look each of them in the eyes, Shigaraki looked shocked, Himiko looked concerned and sad, Spinner looked furious, Twice looked like he was trying his best to not strangle me for not saying anything, Magne had a painful expression and I can't read a face made of smoke.

"The institute is a place the hero commission tried to create a 'generation of next level heroes', it was basically a training camp; at least that's what they tried to make us believe in the start. In this institute they trained you like animals, no contact with the outside world, nothing but training. Training until you bleed just to train your first aid skills to them go on, staying awake for three days straight, running four hours behind a car, having to learn for studies too. It was horrific, you even had to give up your identity; you're one of the next heroes and not a human. In weekends they send some of the kids home including Touya, he was allowed to be with his siblings who slowly kept coming over the years. He was always there to protect them, every time he got back from his house he had more wounds and bruises; the commission didn't care and just let it happen. At the age of ten we started planning an escape, at this point his scars were like they are right now; it took a whole year of figuring out where we even were to find an escape." I paused again for a bit trying to keep the information processable.

"When we finally escaped we ended up on the streets, we were lucky enough to have trained our whole lives so we weren't just some eleven year old's on the streets, we were born fighters with the skill set of a pro hero. We got food from the local foodstation and got a lot of help from the people living near, of course we got attacked and I can't even count how many times we've been assaulted. But we were stronger then anyone on the streets, both of us had no trust in police, heroes or any adult to be honest so instead of going with the police so we'd be put in foster care we ran, each time. We lived like this for more then three years until he suddenly disappeared one day, and I guess he got picked up by you guys." 

I took a deep breath, I had never spoken about all of this to anyone but Touya before; even Gima doesn't know most of this. it was silent for a good five minutes before anyone said a word.

"Damn" it was the first word the fell from Spinners mouth, it was silent barely more then a whisper. 

"And he didn't tell us anything" Himiko said "How come he told you all of this" she asked me, it wasn't an angry tone but clearly hurt.

"You're missing the us, my life has been just as shitty" I said waiting for a response, the only one I got was a slight nod from Kurogiri signing for me to continue,

"Well my family had quite some problems, my father killed someone and my mother tried to hide it. I was not allowed any social interaction for years, I didn't know anything but my house; I had not seen humans other than my parents since I was a baby. Eventually the police of course found us, I tried to run still terrified of other people but they got me anyway. They tried putting me in foster care but that didn't work only got me terrified, so eventually I got handed over to the commission. They saw clear potential in my quirk and decided to enroll me into the program when I was five, I was there a year before I met Touya. My name is Keigo Takami but I've been Hawks since I turned five."

I looked Himiko in the eyes before adding: "So no it's not that he didn't trust you, it's that I've been through the same."