|57|

THE NEXT MORNING:
Ta'Tiana's POV:
I wake up in my teenage bed and even though I went to sleep mad, I wake up smiling. I missed my home. It just annoys me that jonathan thinks he can judge how far I've really come after seeing my starting line.

I get that he's probably been through more than me, but saying that I haven't had to work for shit really had me blowed.

I get up and walk into my connected bathroom and do my hygiene. I put on some reasonable house clothes and go down to the kitchen, seeing my dad in the fridge already.

"Morning daddy."

"Wassup punkin." He pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead, "How you sleep."

"amazinggg, i missed my bed."

"I missed you, youn visit ya paps as much as you used to."

"i know daddy it's been hectic over there."

"then come over here when you need a break, you got a key, and you know I'll always leave a light on."

"Motel 6 headass." i roll my eyes with laughter and he chuckles, "nah but i hear you dad."

"Good." He grabs some stuff out the fridge, "Im thinkin..."

"French toast!"

"Uh-huh." I see he got new ingredients just for it, I love my dad's french toast, I'll eat it any day.

"Yesssssssss." I stick my tongue out and do my lil dancy dance, I missed being home so fucking bad.

I get up and take charge of cutting the fruit and hash browns while he does the french toast, sausage and bacon.

Jonathan comes down the stairs and into the kitchen a few minutes later, kinda shyly, eyeing me cautiously.

Yeah I'm pissed with him, he was way outta pocket, but I'm not about to make a big deal about it in front of my dad, I don't want to give jon a harder time than I already plan on giving him behind closed doors.

"Morning pooh."

"Good morning, we're having french toast."

He nods, trying to make eye contact but I avoid it.

"Morning sir"

"Morning jonathan,how was the guest room."

"Great, comfy bed."

"Good."

I let out a small laugh, my dad's a lil trip.

"Tati can I holla at you for a minute."

"Sure hold on." I wipe off my hands and my dad gives me a look which I don't acknowledge.

I meet Jonathan around he corner and he holds my hands. "I'm sorry for saying everything has always been handed to you."

"You meant it, that's what you believe, you don't have to apologize for speaking your mind."

"But I was wrong."

"You were."

"And I'm sorry for making you feel some type of way we just see shit different."

"Right."

I can't beg him to acknowledge the times I struggled, and I don't need him to I know how far I've come, it just sucks that some one so close to me can't see that shit. And now I'm wondering where his respect for me is, because for me, I respect someone based on what they've been through and how they got past it. But I can't be mad at him for having a different point of view.