|67|

COUPLE DAYS LATER:

"Angela I ate enough."

"Honey you had 1 pancake, you've got a growing baby in you."

"I know that, but we're full."

Angela gives me a look.

"Look, I feel like if I eat something else I'm gonna throw up, that one pancake was a real push for me okay? I'm meeting Dionte at a cafe I'll have a smoothie." My morning sickness seems to just get worse and worse everydamn day.

"Okay Tati, thank you baby, be safe."

"Yes Ma'am." I kiss angela on the cheek and grab my mints off the counter before leaving the house.

...

I sit in the cafe across from Dionte and Listen to him talk about all this stuff he's found on Dave, I told him about the hawaii house too so he tells me he's been looking in on that, in a way, Dave owns that house.

"So...are we gonna go to it?"

"I don't think that's a good idea, it could be a setup."

"Okay so send some other people."

"There's still a lot that needs to be worked out Ta'Tiana."

I sigh, eating a mint, it helps with my nausea.

"Dionte Time is running out, you don't know what they could be doing to him over there."

"And you don't know what they could be planning Ta'Tiana. One wrong move and they could kill him. We don't need to be trying to bust in we need to trying to get in contact with Dave so we can see what he wants cuz I'm sure it's you, and if that's the case we need to be really damn careful cuz I won't be responsible for the loss of you or your baby."

I sigh. I trust Dionte, he calculates every move I consider taking, he's super thorough, he knows what he's talking about. I just wish this wasn't taking so long because I know Jonathan's going through hell right now and I jus want to bring him back home. Now.

"So how are you gonna contact him?"

"I'm working on it."

...

I sit next to Angela in my car while she drives us to my doctors appointment. 

"Dionte is really sweet and really thorough he just isn't making any moves, it's like he hears me but just can't do anything."

"Oh ya'll are on a first name basis?"

I shrug. I know Angela doesn't care much for Jon even if he did get kidnapped rather than leave me. And she seems to really like Dionte, oh he's such a nice gentleman Tati get you some. She's really missing the point but I know her hearts in a good place.

"And Agent Davis?"

To be honest he intimidates me. "He normally comes to me with more progress. I think he's gonna be the one to bring jonathan home at the end of the day."

She nods and it's silent until my phone starts to ring.

I get a call from Agent davis and put it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hey, Ta'Tiana, I put a team together, we swarming the house."

"When?"

"We going this weekend, as soon as we can, You need to come."

"No she doesn't!" Angela says.

"Who is that?" He asks.

"Her mother. She does not need to be swarming a house to find a murderer, she is pregnant, and she could die what is wrong with you!?"

"Angela..." I say.

"No. Both of you listen to me, I don't have to be a private investigator to know that shit is dumb, he probably want you to come, Ta'Tiana does not need to come. She hired you, it's your job to handle this, give her a call when it's done, not to help you do it. You hear me?"

"Yes, ma'am." Davis mumbles. "Ta'Tiana, give me a call when you're not occupied." He hangs up.

"Ta'Tiana..."

"I know mama."

"this isnt just about you and jonathan it's about you and jonathan and your baby, and you." She emphasizes.

"Yes ma'am."

...

My doctor and Angela look at the ultrasound, I turn my head. I don't wanna accidently see a penis or nothin I don't wanna know the gender until jonathan does.

This shit is really fucking hard. Me and Jonathan made a whole damn baby. I've got a whole life inside of me and I don't know where the daddy is. All I want is him here to experience this with me to see what we did what we made.

And when she lets me hear the heartbeat I lose it.

I'm sobbing, I'm snotting, I'm just a mess. I can't catch my breath.

Angela rubs my leg and squeezes my hand, "It's gone be okay baby, just breath babygirl."

"Ms.Clark, are you alright?"

I nod my head with my eyes closed tight, "Happy tears." I whisper

"Oh, I understand, pregnancy is such an emotional experience, my fiance would cry after all our checkups."

I let out a wail, crying harder, feeling this emotion deep in my chest.

She gives a concerned look at angela, who asks if we can have a moment.

"Sure, I'll let you guys have a minute."

Angela pulls me into a hug and holds me tight, rubbing my head and squeezing me.

"It's okay, it's okay tati, it's okay."

"It's not okay." I sob. "It's not okay angela I can't do anything, I'm helpless there's nothing I can do."

"tati you're doing your part, leave the rest to god and agent davis."

Agent Davis.

His idea runs through my mind and slows my tears.

THAT NIGHT:

I lay in my bed in thought. I know it's dangerous going to hawaii but Dionte was right, I probably am what dave wants, if he still has Jonathan alive I know it's not just for fun. He wants me.

I rub my belly. "Imma bring daddy home baby, I promise."

I pick up my phone and hover my thumb over Agent davis' contact, I finally press it.

"When are we flying out?"

=============================

girl yk what to do