|63|

EVEN LATER THAT NIGHT:
Ta'Tiana's POV:

I'm laying down, staring at my ceiling, rubbing my stomach, not able to sleep but hoping lil bit can, and hoping jons on his bullshit and not hurt.

My phone rings and I snatch it up, hoping it's Jonathan but it's just Kane.

"Hey, you see him?"

"Nah, he ain't home though, his keys, main car, phone, gone..."

"Okay, so maybe he's on his way now?"

Kane sighs. "Ion know, he ain't set his alarm back when he left."

Jonathan always sets him alarm, I don't care if he's going to get the mail, he's always got his alarm on.

"Maybe he was in a rush, he's probably on his way?"

"Aye it's the best possibility, but let me know if you hear from him, I'll keep reachin out aight?"

"Okay, thanks Kane."

"Yeah I gotchu."

I call Jonathan again as soon as we hang up, and this time it rings, but he doesn't answer. I call again, and he answers on the 4th ring.

"tati,"

"Jon, baby where you at? I had Kane lookin for yo ass." I laugh, relieved that he's okay.

"Baby listen to me-" I hear a bump and Jonathan clears his throat, "Look tati I can't do this."

"Do what, the baby? What do you mean-"

"Me and you, I gotta get out, I can't do this no more."

"You're leaving me? Wait I don't-"

"I love you pooh, I do, but Ion want this." I hear his voice break, feel my heart drop.

"Jonathan if this is about the baby, if you're not ready we don't have to-"

"I don't want to be wit you Ta'Tiana. Ion know how else you need me to say this, we over, I'm done tati, don't call me, don't text me, don't come see me I'm done."

"You're done." I repeat numbly.

He takes a deep breath "I'm done."

I open my mouth to say something else and the call ends.

He can't do this anymore.

He's gotta get out.

He doesn't want this.

He don't want to be with me.

He's done.

He's done.

What the fuck is he done with, like we been havin problems, what the hell can't he do anymore, like I been really stressin him, what the fuck he gotta get out of, like the nigga was trapped, what the fuck he don't want, like the bitch ain't just beg me to come back a couple months ago, why the hell he dont want to be with me, he's done?

He's leaving me, just like that, it's just over, he's just calling it quits, like the baby was the breaking point, like we were struggling before this.

He could have talked to me.

We could've talked shit out and fixed whatever he was having such a hard time with.

I call him back but now the numbers disconnected.

So this is real.

I feel like I got punched in the gut so hard I went numb.

Why would he do this. Why would he do this to me, to us?