|19|

A WEEK LATER:
Jonathan's POV:
I'm laying in my bed, late at night, when I get a call from my mom.

"Hey Mama, what's wrong?"

"Hey sweetie."

"Ma it's 5am for you, what's the matter?"

"Jonathan...my cancer's back."

My Mama was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years back but she took it like a g and she beat it. But that was rough on the whole family, she almost didn't make it. No way she should have to go through this shit again.

"Mama." My voice breaks at the ends. "How? you beat that."

"Some of the cancer cells survived."

I shut my eyes tight, not saying anything.

"I've known for a few days but I needed to except it myself before I told people."

"Mama you gone beat this."

"I don't know if I have in in me to fight a battle like that again."

"You got it mama, you the strongest person I know."

"Damn right I am." My mom laughs halfheartedly.

I sigh. "Love you mama."

"I love you too baby, you can go to bed now I just needed to let you know."

"Aight ma, I'll fly down there soon, and I'll bring serenity. Goodnight."

"Okay baby goodnight"

I hang up and sigh, punching my pillow, I'm mad. Mad for her, nobody should have to go through the shit she went through, especially not twice. 

I lay awake in bed for a while, looking at the ceiling. What the fuck Imma do if I my mama don't make it this time.

 I'm hurting right now, on some real shit I'm hurting, that pain in yo chest that you can't feel physically but mentally. I cant even cry.

I need somebody.

Ta'Tiana POV:

I wake up to my phone ringing, however the fuck is calling me this late at night better be telling me the world is ending or some shit. 

I pick up on the last ring.

"Hello?"

"Tati." It's jonathan, his voice is low like he just woke up but restless like he cant't even sleep.

"What's the matter?"

He laughs emptily, "how you always know when sum wrong."

I sigh. "Jonathan what's the matter?" I repeat.

"Come over."

"Come over- Is this a booty call are you serious right now? Jonathan it's 2am, why are you even still up, calling me of all people-"

"Tati it ain't no booty call aight, I'm fucked up tati I just need somebody right now."

" jon what's the matter, what's going on?"

"I just got some bad news and I just don't want to be alone."

"Jonathan...look I'm sorry about whatever news you got, and I can tell you're upset so I feel for you but I just don't think me coming over is the best idea right now."I want to be there for him but I can't let myself get caught up again.

"Ta'Tiana I know we on some fuck shit right now but please." I hear his voice break at the end and I really do feel for him. Jonathan's the type of person to hide his emotions to keep a strong front, so for him to be calling me at 2am like this let's me know he's hurting bad.