|39|

LATER THAT NIGHT:
Ta'Tiana's POV:
I pull into my driveway and take a deep breath, resting my forehead against the steering wheel. I'm exhausted, not even physically, emotionally, I wish I could just look at jonathan and not feel shit, but every time I'm near him my heart races and drops to my stomach and I'm not even sure it's in a bad way, jonathan's just got that effect on me, still.

But what does that have to do with shit.

I wipe my face and get out the car, walking into my house. 

"Fuck you been?"

I jump a bit at Dave's deep, sleepy voice. He's sitting at the kitchen island with his phone in his hand, eyes piercing into me.

I forgot he was even here.

"Hey babe." I say, my voice kinda shaky, not because I'm scared, just feeling kinda guilty, but for what.

"Where you been, and don't lie to me bruh."

"Jon got arrested, and his friend couldn't watch his kid so I bailed him out so he could do it."

He makes a face at me, "Jon  who, cuz I know you ain't talkin about yo ex."

"dave-"

"dave-"

"What that nigga and his kid got to do wit you?"

"What else was I sposed to do? Just say fuck the kid?"

"Yup, that ain't yo child"

I give him a look and roll my eyes, going to walk past him but he gently sticks is arms out in front of me.

"Why you ain't tell me"

"You were sleep."

"Tati that's bull, you would've wanted me to wake yo ass up if I was pullin some shit like this and you know it."

"If I woke you up and told you I was going to bail my ex out of jail at 1am, you would've wanted to tag along wouldn't you"

"Hell yeah."

"And I didn't want that, I don't want to have to sit in a car with both of ya'll hotheads, that's too much hell no."

"You still could've told me."

"And I would've, in the morning."

"It is morning."

I look at the clock and sigh.

"Did anything happen?" he looks at me, searching my eyes for an answer.

"No."

"Did you want something to happen?"

"What?" I scrunch up my face.

I "I'm just tryna figure out why you lookin so damn guilty if the situation is as simple as you sayin it is."