24. Loss

(Y/n) pov
"It never end's does it" I said to Jirou
"How do we kill it?" she asked me
"It's something to do with the sword,but I don't think it will be easy.... She said as she went through my memories she'd get stronger"
"So do you think while her body is being created it's the same?"
"Sadly... Yes we have to stall her" I told her pulling my tanto out ready to fight despite my injuries.
"Ohh this is great you still have some fight... I can wait to crush that little fl-" I cut her off appearing before her in a blink and unleashing a gust of wind blowing the right side of her body away "You bitch!!" she yelled immediately clashing with my tanto.
'I can't really do any damage until her body is more put together' I realised pulling back to Jirou and explaining to her the plan.

It was a nightmare blocking each attack as her body continued growing giving her more access to my abilities as she began unleashing breathing style's.
We were losing I could tell both me and Jirou out of breath covered in cut's and burn mark's, the demon had almost its entire body formed only missing the right side of her face or my face I guess. "Pretty sexy I'd say looking at this body... But I think I rock it better" the demon said mockingly flexing her finger's and cracking her new formed bones. "Sadly there can't be two of us" she said
"Couldn't agree more" I replied through gritted teeth.
"But before I deal with you..." she said leading off looking Jirou, I caught on to what she was referring to and immediately turned to her.
What I didn't know that must of being her plan because the demon charged straight at me knocking my tanto out my hand and knocking me to the ground.

You were hopeless to save Jirou as the demon clashed with her, disarming her of her sword before stabbing her in the chest with your tanto "Jirou!!!" you shouted seeing the hopeless scared look in her eyes as the demon also stabbed her through the stomach with his blade as her eye's widened in fear of death, she reached out to you in a feeble attempt to get away as the demon pulled both blade's out of her letting her fall to the ground as blood leaked out of her wound's.
You ran over to her propping her up on your knee and holding her hand "(Y/n) I-"
"No don't say anything you're gonna be fine" you said trying to stop her going into shock as the blood get leaking out as she started turning pale and her eye's glassy as tear's fell down her cheek's.
"It's cold.... I just wanna tell you.... I love you" she said as her body went limp in your arm's.
"No, no Jirou wake please, please wake up" you cried as the light in her eye's wavered.
"Ahh well I can't stand to see you in pain so let's finish this" the demon said grabbing you by the air and pressing the tanto against your throat "Good-".
Before she could finish the wall blew open as Mikasa and Shinobu were flung through the hole, Mikasa immediately pushed the demon away from you "(Y/n) we-"
"No I'm not leaving" you cried as Vader also stepped through the hole.
"Prepare to perish" he said preparing to unleash a blazing inferno.
"Damm it were leaving now!!" Shinobu said grabbing your other arm and they pulled you away from Jirou and ran for the exit.
As the room exploded in an blazing inferno knocking all three of you through the door and off the cliff side plunging down into the river below.

"Hmm they killed themselves" the demon said looking down at the river thinking you had died.
"I don't believe that" Vader said
"So what you want to pursue... Do you really think they'd survive you really are stu- aughrck" Vader cut the demon off grabbing her by the throat.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing" Vader said holding him over the legde.
"OK, OK I'm sorry"
"Hmm apology accepted" Vader said dropping onto the ground "However in there haste they abondoned their companion" Vader sadi turning to Jirou's body as she layed there stone cold not moving. "She'll seek vengeance for this"

Further down the stream Mikasa pulled you from the river out of breath "We left her" you said to them
"(Y/n) there was nothing we could she.... Jirou was already gone... And even if she wasn't she wouldn't of survived that fall" Mikasa said trying to console you to no avail.
"Blue, Jirou...."
"(Y/n) don't you couldn't of done anything... We all underestimated our foe" Shinobu said

You returned to the demon slayer safehouse in the city for quick medical treatment and to pick Snow back up and made your long trek back to the demon slayer headquarter's.
No one you said much trying the trip, you were had too much going on in your head, how to explain to Momo about Jirou, what your mom's connection was to that demon among other's thing's.

You made it back to the head quarter's head bowed down ashamed as you were taken to the butterfly estate you spotted Tanjiro on your way who looked as equally distraught as you.

You were brought to a room where Aoi entered to tend to you "(Y/n) what happened your arm it's...." she said before noticing your tear's.
"I lost... I failed is what happened... *sob, sob*" you told her as the river burst as tear's streamed down, Aoi didn't know what to do so she hugged you as cried into her clothes.

End
---------
I did warm ya people can die.
I think we'll have one more chapter before another break.
I'll propaly start again when Season 2 get's it first trailer not the teaser one we already have.