14.Dark Flame

(Title super edgy) (Happy Halloween)
(Y/n) pov
The flames started adopting a darker tone until it turned black and rose in intensity, the heat became unbearable but I held on determined to finish it even as the fire crept up the handle and started burning my sleeve and hand. "Go to hell!!" I shouted just as the the crystal started melting before a large flame blew his back wide open, I pushed the blade in further before I felt something pull me back of the demon, I landed on my back harshly "Ow, ow" Momo, Jirou and Mikasa ran over to me and helped me, as I stood up I saw as my sword melted with the rest of the demon 'A second longer and would've been me"i took a look at my injuries.
Almost the entire right side of my outfit was gone either being burnt, sheared or melted off, my leg only had a few scratches but my arm... Well that's a different story, my arm entirely burned up to my elbow the strangest thing was it didn't hurt like it should've.
"(Y/n) your arm are you-"
"I'm fine, it doesn't hurt much" maybe it was the adreline still running through me or maybe my arm has gone numb, I couldn't tell I just put on a brave face not wanting them to worry. 'That wasn't a twelve kizuki meaning it's still up here'
"Fine!!! How are you fine (y/n) you're arm is all burnt you shouldn't be moving!! " Momo yelled at me taking me back"You're pushing yourself to far... If you continue you might die!!! "
" Well.... Then I'll die protecting people I - "
"Shut up, stop being so selfish how do you think we would feel" Mikasa butted in
"Yeah you might save us but.... We'd lose you and that would be worse" Jirou added
"Stop trying to be the hero.....because most heroes die young...... Most heroes leave people behind"
"I... We care about you (y/n)..... Love aswell.... So please just.... Be careful" she walked up to me and leaned down kissing me on lips, I was surprised sadly it didn't last long as more of those spider things showed up, we separated "Go... Well handle it here"
"R-right ok" just as was about to move Mikasa grabbed my non burnt arm
"You better come back.... I want one as well"
"Same here now go" Jirou shouted

She released me and went to join the Jioru and Momo, I took off in the direction I last saw Tanjiro take, after getting a considerable amount of distance I realised I had no clue where to go"Shit even if Tanjiro continued this way those to day a demon has pushed him somewhere else.... God dammit"i stopped by a tree to catch my breath, on the tree was a small spider. "Gah, stupid thing..."
I was going to crush it but saw it crawled upward to a spider web with an arrow pointing to my right, as I turned towards the direction a heard a loud rumble as smoke rose above the trees sending birds flying away in fear, I turned back to the spider "OK maybe I won't crush you"it did a little spin"Dont get comfortable "I said pointing my blade at it before taking off.
As I got closer I could heard the sound of a scuffle and Tanjiro shouting Nezuko, when I got there it was... unsettling to say the least in the tree's Nezuko was strung up bleeding heavily, I turned to see Tanjiro flying backwards from a kick before crashing into the ground roughly, Nezuko started thrashing in the air, I saw the demon grab one of the threads holding her and I leaped to action. "Quiet you're my sister now" before he could pull it and attacked leaping into the air I aimed for his arm holding my blade in my left hand.
'If I do this I probably won't be able to use my arm in this fight' I debated to myself"Keep away from her!!!" I yelled as the blade became en shrouded in the dark flame again, my lungs felt like the were on fire but I continued my blade connected with his arm and cut straight threw.
He looked surprised but that quickly morphed into anger, he grab my left foot and threw me over him against the ground"You're efforts were useless"he grabbed me and pulled me up"Observe"he raised the stump of his right arm and in an instant it grew back.
'He regenerated that quickly... That's not posible' he reeled back then punch me in the face, I stumbled back before he kicked me sending me into a tree impaling my side on a stray branch"Oh come on what now?" with blurred vision I barely noticed the color of blood wasn't red.... But blue'Wha... Wh.... Ca... nt... Aw.... Nez..." I couldn't keep my eyes open and fell unconscious.
"(Y/n) wake up, wake up now.... (y/n)" I woke up with a start to see a guy standing over Tanjiro and Nezuko as the demon disappeared, I stood up 'Wait wasn't I impaled?' I checked to see my injured and it was already gone'What is going on and my arms feel a bit better'before I could question it anymore the guy protecting Tanjiro blocked an attack from someone else who then landed with a little spin.
The person in question was a smaller girl with a butterfly uniform holding a weird balde"Why would you get in my way, Tomioka? That's exactly why...... nobody likes you, you know"she said with a little smirk
'Ouch I don't know the guy but that's just harsh'
"I'm not.... I'm not disliked by anyone" he said
"Well, I'm sorry. You haven't even realised that people don't like you, then? That was uncalled for, please forgive me" she said
'Oh god, even I can feel that one that's gotta hurt' I cringed 'Just kill the boy, don't torture him'
"Make yourself move even if you can't. Take your sister and run" he told Tanjiro "And you" he looked towards me"Are you helping or not"i just nodded he doesn't seem like someone I wanna fight plus he's protecting Nezuko, so I followed Tanjiro as he ran.
We got a decent amount away"Theyll send someone after us I'll pull back to surprise them if they jump you"

Kanao pov
I waited in the trees for the demon and boy to pass'Oh.. there they are'I jumped down landing on the boys back knocking him down and swung for the girl but he grabbed my coat pulling me into him
"Go run for it, run" I jumped off him and swung again'She shrunk'i continued trying to her until my last attacked was blocked and I got pushed away"You're the girl from before"i said to her'The one who called me cute'i remembered"Why are you protecting a demon"she didn't say a word's he probably can't fight properly, her amrs and burnt and she's covered in scratches 'planning someway to end this quipkly we were interrupted by a crow
"Message! Message form headquarters! Tanjiro dressed in a a green haori with a scar on his fore head, (y/n) barely dressed covered in wounds" she looked annoyed at that grip tightening "Bring them back! Bring them back!" Th ecrow shouted
"Huff, puff... Thank god... because blocking that... really took the last of me.... I'mma... I'm... Sleep" she said before collapsing face first onto the ground.
Me and Nezuko just shared a look staring at her, before she walked and started patting her head.

End
-------
So thanks for the feedback everyone, I just felt awful that night feedback sure did help.... But watching the premiere of the mandalorian season 2 put me in great spirits again so yeah
I was going to make a small Halloween thing I still might before the day is over but for now watch this instead

(Skip to 1:45 mark) (Giyuu gets bullied everywhere, press F for respects for Giyuu)