33.Undercover Part 1

"Ahhhh another dead end!" I yelled punching a wooden beam of a house in frustration.

"(Y/n) please calm down,people are starting to stare" Mitsuri said in an effort to calm me down pointing out the passerbys who were giving us weird looks.

I forced a smile and akwardly waved until they lost interest "Sigh,you're right Mitsuri.I just thought this would have been easier" I took a seat on one of the wooden steps and tugged on my collar "Not to mention how hot it is under these things" it felt like I was being cooked alive underneath the harsh glare of the sun "Wish I could get some water" As if my prayers had been answered a bucket fell on my head drenching me in freezing cold water "YAohhhhh!" I squealed tossing the bucket off my head and "How?!Just how!?"

"A sorry officer,it slipped" a man saif from atop the building I was under.

"Oh man this just can't be real.Am I cursed?!Is it some sick-...Mitsuri!" the love Hashira had her back turned to me but she was shaking violently and i could hear some snickers. "Please don't laugh at me!"

"Pff,I-I'm not,pffff,pfff" I forced her to turn around and she was holding back the urge to laugh so hard that tears were filling her eyes.

"You totally are!"

"Don't worry (Y/n),it's not like things can get w-hrmphrm!" I clamped my hand over Mitsuri's mouth before she could doom us.

"Don't" I warned her.

"Hmhphmrf?" she tried speaking but it was completely muffled by my hand.Her eyes widened and she tried swatting my hand away but iwas firm in my hold "HMphmfghh!!"

"I'm not letting go until you promise not to finish that sentence"

"Hmphmhpga!!" she pointed to something behind me.

"Excuse us ladies,is something the matter here?" A voice called from behind.

I turned my head slowly to see who it was and my heart sank,behind was two actual officers,one of them not looking all too pleased.
I quickly releashed Mitsuri "Y-yep,yep all good nothing is going on here!!" I said trying my best to keep a calm but it felt like he was glaring daggers into me.

"I see.And you two are aware that impersonation of an police officers uniform is a crime?"

"Y-yes,but that's because uh...."

"That's because we are officers!" Mitsuri proclaimed.

"Really?" the officer said taken off guard "That's news to me,I don't think I've ever since you two before"

"I didn't know we had girl officers" his large friend said adding to the confusion.

"T-that's because we're new to the job!" I said quickly.

"Yes,really new,We're so new they didn't even have uniforms that fit us yet!" Mitsuri explained quickly it was clear to me that Mitsuri wasn't used to making up a story on the spot.....or lying in general.

"Uh-huh"
"Yep!!" We said quickly

But to our relief the two officers seemed to have bought our stories without really puting in any time to make it was true "Wow I'm more suprised the xaptain would let you out to patrol then.He's normally so strick about apperances.What did you say to convince him?"

"He made me strip to my underwear because I was missing my hat one time" his friend said,Mitsuri and I both akwardly laughed trying to keep up apperances.

"Oh you know,we just..."I looked over to Mitsuri for help but she had nothing "....we just told him how passionate about the job we were"

"See I told you the captain was good at heart!" the big guy said slapping his friend's shoulder.