28.Family Web

In the snow covered forest a figure was seen running between the trees at inhuman speeds not stopping for nothing.
Huff, puff.... No you won't kill me" the demon said regenerating the arm he lost. "Nev-arkk" the demon was struck in the neck from behind by an arrow.
It only stunned the demon temporarily before he pulled it out "Stupid Slayer"
"Ohh I wouldn't say that" the demon swung around panicked at the voice.
He saw a female cloaked figure standing on a rock ahead of him holding a bow "You're stupid for-arckkk" the demon started turning purple around the wound on his neck "What?" he collapsed onto his knees clutching his neck.
"Shinobu really did have a good idea with this poison" she said dipping another arrow in a small glass vial she held.
The demon tried pleading for his life, but the female wasn't buying it. When the demon realised he couldn't talk his way out he leaped at the girl.
The girl expected the reaction and pulled her nishirin blade and cut the demon's head off in one motion.
The body fell behind the girl and started burning away "Good grief. Sigh, I gave him a chance"
You pulled down your hood and watched the demon fade away slinging your bow over your head.

(Y/n) pov
I returned to the demon slayer HQ after finishing another mission "I'm home" I said entering the butterfly estate as the triplets came running to see me.
"Ahh (Y/n) did you bring anything back for us?" they asked me, I reached into my bag and pulled out a small bird shaped whistle and handed it to them "Ahh thank you"
"It was nothing" I told them 'Literally'

After dropping my gear off in the estate I went to the grandmaster's temple "I'm back"
"Hmm, welcome back (l/n). I trust the job wasn't too hard?" he asked me
"No just one demon, wasn't a high moon. Didn't put up much of a fight" I told him sitting down across from him.
"Did you attempt to befriend the demon?" he asked, I heard someone scoff and turned to see Violet.
"I did try, but he wouldn't accept. He attacked first then ran when I had the upper hand"
"Mmm, (Y/n) it is good you arrived. We've received another job and I would like you to really try to persuade the demon"
"Sigh, I just got back..... but if no else can sure"
"Thank you (y/n), you can leave in a day"
I sat up and left the temple. I entered the butterfly estate and jumped onto my bed.

"I can't sleep" I muttered staring at the ceiling of my room, I let out a long sigh of resignation "Two months  since I've been here and what do I have to show for it. I still haven't managed to convince any demons to change, I've only lost. Did I take on an impossible task?" I wondered looking at my doll arm resting on my nightstand, I held onto the stub on my arm hoping to feel the phantom limb. I stared at the ceiling again thinking when I noticed something shiny on the ceiling, it was a spider web "Great now there's spi-"I paused, I swore I saw something in the web.
I focused on the web and I was right, the web had a message written in it." Come outside on forest, I'm waiting" it read.
I got out of bed and quickly reattached my arm"Come on Blue, we're going"
"Blue... Tired" Blue lazily crawled over my bed and to me, I picked her up and let her merge.
"I know, but this is important" I flexed my fingers to make sure it worked. I got dressed in what I could and grabbed my sword.
I walked outside and saw another web "Follow the spiders" I looked down at my feet and spotted small little white spiders.
"Ah shit" I jumped back a bit "Goddammit spiders"
I didn't like the fact I was being led into the forest "Blue thinks... Trap"
"Yeah so do I"
I couldn't see the HQ at this point as I followed further into the forest.
I followed them into a opening where the trees were further apart, when the spiders reached the center they all dispersed in different directions.
I grabbed the hilt of my sword in preparation "Wait" I saw something faint on it "Oh you little fuckers" my sword was covered in faint spider webs, I tried ripping them off, but with a sudden pull my sword taken out my grasp and into the air "Dammit" I cursed my carelessness.
"You came" I heard from above me. I looked up and saw someone hanging in the air, the person lowered down until she was in front of me still hanging 10 feet of the ground.
"You...you're the demon I spared, did I make a mistake? Are you here to kill me?"
"What?!? No, no, no I'm not here to kill you. I wanted to thank you. I took your sword because I was scared of what you would do"
"And what would I do?"
"Kill me. I don't if you spared me then because of the moment so.... I'm sorry"
"You um... Look a bit different" I told her finally getting a good look.
Her pale white skin, white hair and the red spots on her were still there, but she also seemed more matured, more filled out.

"You noticed

"You noticed. After Rui died I hoped it meant I could return to my old form, but not only could I not changed back this body filled out"
"Yeah I can see that.... wait old form?"
"Yes, I didn't always have this appearance. The skin, the spots, the hair, the boobs none of that before I met Rui"
"Wait so what did you look like?" I asked her genuinely interested.
"I was turned into a demon when I was very young, and because my transformation was still humanoid I still looked a child"
'OK, so is it worng to think she looks hot then?'
"I spent a few years as a weak demon,but when I met Rui that changed. I was being chased by slayers when I ran into him, I couldn't fight, but Rui offered me a chance"
"So Rui saved you?"
"In a way he saved me from the slayers, but I was now supposed to become apart of his family, his mother to be exact"
"But how does that work? Why did Rui want a family?"
"I don't know why Rui wanted a family. All I can tell you is about the transformation. I sat with Rui when he explained it to me, he cut his hand open and let the blood pour into a bowl"
"And then what?"
".... I drank the blood. Ugh, it was horrible. I felt my bones break and reform growing faster than my body was, my skin turning pale white as I grew in height. My body maturing filling out my haori until it burst while I still grew until... It was done"she said folding in on herself.
"I'm sorry.... I shouldn't have pried.... I can tell it really affected you"
"My life in that «family» was hell, doing anything Rui didn't like resulted in pain... Which is why when I met you. You showed me kindness I hadn't felt in so long" she dropped onto the ground and ran over to me, she pulled me into a big hug holding me tight. I returned the hug softly tracing circles on her back.
"I'm gonna be honest with you... I was ready to kill you. I really was, but I couldn't....I can't imagine what hell you went through"
"Thank you, thank you" she murmured crying into my shoulder.

I stood there whispering sweet words into her ear to calm her down when I heard something behind me snap.
Immediately she pushed me behind her, whoever had caused the sound screamed as they were suddenly lifted into the air. "Wait!!" I grabbed her hand before she could do anything else. I walked past her "Bring them down" she brought the person down into the moonlight and I noticed who it was "Aoi?!? What are you doing here?!?"
"I saw you leave, I was concerned so I followed you. Why are you talking with a demon?!?!"
"OK, OK funny story well I.... Um, look.... Hmm,..... I spared her a while ago before I came here, look she's not bad" I told Aoi
"Then why is...."
"Oh right let her down please, she's a friend she won't say or do anything, right Aoi?"
"Yeah I won't" She let Aoi down back onto the ground  "So um what's her name?"
"She's..... Um,...... you know I don't think we've ever actually introduced ourselves, I'm (y/n) this is Aoi and you?"
"I... Well.... I can't remember... I can't remember anything from when I was human and Rui only called me Mom" she told us.
"Do you want a name?" I asked her
"I would.... I would like that"
I thought about what names would suit her, I gave her a few, but they didn't stick until "How about..... Yua?"
"Yua?.... Yua,... I love it!!!" she said, she placed her hand over her chest and spoke in a formal tone"Hello (y/n), Aoi my name is Yua"

End
-----------
I uh don't know what to say today..... Um, how was your day loyal readers?