Desert Kisses

I have to admit. . . The scorch is hot as hell. It's a desert, filled with strange people, or at least I think strange. We've been out here for about two days give or take. Aris and I haven't talked much. I missed his company, his warm hugs, his laugh. It was lonely. I was lonely. It was late and cold. I don't get why it'd be cold in a desert but it was beyond me. Everyone went to sleep but me. I decided to write about this crazy journey to far. I took out the journal I stole from WCKD and began writing.
'Y/N Y/L/N
The scorch,
It's been quite hot the last few days we've been in the scorch. Everyone still had hope because of Thomas. He's been leading us somewhere called 'The Right Arm' in the mountain. Crazy he is. It's been awhile since me and Aris talked. I'm not as upset with him about leaving me as I was before. I miss him a lot. The conversations we held, the hugs, just everything. He told me he lived me in the vents of WCKD before escaping there. I don't know if he meant it but it seemed he did. I think i feel the same way but not sure sure. I mean everytime he speaks my heart flutters, everytime he smiles it makes me smile. Everytime he hugged me me stomach twirled. I think I like him! Just gotta wait for the right time to feel him you know?'

I was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I quickly swung my head around, looked up, and saw Aris standing behind me. He took a seat next to me, and asked "Why are you still up?". "Couldn't sleep" I told him closing my journal. "What's that?" He asked. "Nothing" I replied putting it in my pocket. A really awkward silence came between us. Aris decided to break it. "I'm really sorry you know" he said keeping his eyes on the dying fire sitting if front of us. "Yeah it's okay" I said. It fell into another silence but it was kinda comforting. I spoke up "What you said in the vents back at WCKD. . . Did you mean it?" I asked him. He looked at me then looked at the ground then back at me. "What that I love you? Of course I meant it" He said locking eyes with me. We sat there staring at each other. It felt like the world just poofed and we were the only people there. His eyes reminded me of the oven, his freckles trailing across his face. Before I knew it we got closer. . . And closer . . . And closer, 'till there were only centimeters between us. Aris looked down at my lips then back into my eyes. He leaned in and kissed me. 'Oh My GOOOOOOOD' I said in my head. This is happening, this is really happening. My heart rate sped up, and my stomach flipped around. This is crazy, were kissing.

(Another cliffhanger tho?
Hell yeah)