She's Next

"She's not immune". Said a lady with blonde hair tied in a bun. "She's not going to survive Ava, We shouldn't send her out there, maybe just have her stay here and work for us" Said Ratman.  I'd recognize that ugly old face anywhere. "Nonsense, we'll put her in the maze with the other's. She may not be immune to the virus but she's . . . Different and more . . . Strong" Said the lady seemed to be known as Ava. "What if they escape somehow? What if she gets bit? That's another person who has given into the Virus" Ratman said trying to sound persuasive. "ENOUGH!" Ava yelled. "Ava, your own daughter is going to be bitten." Ratman said. 'daughter?' I thought in my sleep. Janson walked out of the room and Ava fell in a chair behind her desk. "I believe she can survive" was all I heard before I was awoken with kisses on my forehead. I woke up groggily saying "Is it morning already?"  I rubbed my eyes before looking at the figure standing in front of me. "No it's not love, but I don't think you really want to be out here in the middle of the night" I heard the familiar voice if Aris speak. "Mmmmmmmmmhm" was all I said before putting my head back on his shoulder. "I'm guessing you don't want to move" Aris chuckled before resting his head above mine. "Mhm" I hummed again before closing my eyes once more. "I love you" I heard Aris say. "I love you to" I said back still very restless. He kissed the top of my head once more before I drifted away into a deep sleep.