17. Clear the Air

Cosette's morning went a little differently.

She barely had time to process that she woke up alone as she glanced at the clock and saw she had majorly slept in. She started to brush her hair and ignored the pains in her stomach that were telling her she was probably going to throw up again as she left her bedroom.

Her living room was a mess.

Empty bottles were sprawled everywhere. There were stains on the carpet. A bowl of chips had been knocked over and there was a couch cushion next to the fireplace for some odd reason.

But everyone was gone.

Cosette noticed a note left on the coffee table for her and she picked it up to read it over.

Setty, so sorry about the mess. I tried to clean up a bit but I think Ron took my wand with him this morning when he left so I couldn't cast any household spells. I also didn't want to wake you up to say goodbye, you probably needed the rest.

I'll talk to you soon! Thank you for being a great host.

-Hermione

Cosette glanced around as the memories of last night slowly started to come back to her. It was like a puzzle she had to piece together. Cosette vividly remembered not wanting anyone at her house but after a few drinks, she started to loosen up and actually enjoyed herself.

She looked at the coffee table again where a deck of cards had been left open. They definitely played a few drinking games but off the top of her head she couldn't recall which ones. It wasn't until she spotted the empty bottle of vodka that had rolled next to the couch did she remember Dean using it as a pretend microphone when he was dancing on the coffee table.

The image of her dancing on the table as well started to appear in her mind. She must have joined in when she saw Dean having such a good time. Everything seemed fun last night, she didn't question anything that anyone was doing.

Cosette couldn't remember much else that happened after that but she didn't have time to dwell on it. She had to get ready for work so she would just have to deal with the mess later.

Once she was finally dressed and looking a little less hungover, Cosette returned to the living room, only this time her eyes went directly to the recliner that was on the far side of the room.

George had been in that chair.

Cosette suddenly remembered him sitting in it directly after he kissed her.

Holy shit, George kissed her.

Cosette ran her fingers through her hair, tugging at the roots as her mouth fell open when she realized her and George had kissed again. It was suddenly all becoming so clear. Her eyes darted around the room, replaying the events of last night in her head.

He pulled her off the table and kissed her.

She sat with him on the recliner and convinced him not to leave.

Looking back down the hallway, Cosette's heart dropped to her stomach when she remembered the two of them heading into her bedroom and doing a bit more than just sleeping.

"Fuck," Cosette huffed out, needing to express some type of emotion. She felt sick and it wasn't just because of the copious amount of alcohol she had consumed, it was because she kissed George and she really, really, shouldn't have.

Cosette didn't regret sleeping with him the other night, she knew that much, but that didn't mean it should have happened. Since they hooked up, things were starting to get messy and confusing between them and while she definitely didn't hate kissing George, it just made things complicated.