73. Wait

disclaimer, this chapter is very very short and i apologize for that, unfortunately i could not add anything else to it and still have it flow naturally.

i love you, so sorry, pls enjoy

"How could you?" Cosette asked and it felt like instant deja vu. It was the one thing she had said to her father before leaving.

"Setty you asked me to," George explained and she stared at him like he was speaking an entirely different language.

"No I don't believe I did," She scoffed. "From the sounds of it, all I wanted was for it to have never happened. But it did happen and you thought the best course of action would be to just make me forget?"

"Because that way it was like it never happened," he tried to reason with her but Cosette started to pace back and forth around his room. She was already trying to wrap her head around what her dad said but she never expected for something similar to come out of George's mouth.

"But it did." She exhaled, running a hand through her hair and tugging at the ends. "It happened, George. I was dating fred and you kissed me-"

"You kissed me back."

She stopped pacing and shot him a venomous glare, daring him to say another word on the incident. George instantly regretted saying that and he inhaled a sharp breath, worried at how she would respond.

But Cosette didn't. She stood there, staring angrily at him and every few seconds, she would open her mouth as if wanting to say something but all that came out was an exhale or a groan. She clenched her hands into fists and then started to pace again and all George could do was watch her until she finally got her thoughts together.

He hesitantly took a step forward, "Can you please say something?"

"What the hell am I supposed to say?" Cosette scoffed and then the sarcasm came out, "Thank you? I'm sorry? I forgive you? George, I am already trying to figure out how to deal with my dad's shit and then you go ahead and drop this shit on me. I can't catch a fucking break."

"If I knew you were going to react like this I wouldn't have told you," George told her honestly and the look of shock on her face at the horrible reasoning was enough to make George take a few steps back again.

"How did you think I would react?" She asked, followed by a bitter laugh. "Did you truly think I would thank you for taking away this memory? Did you think that this was something I wanted?"

"It was!"

"No!" She screamed. "No, it fucking wasn't. From what you've told me, I wanted it to have never happened in the first place. But it did happen and we should have handled it like fucking adults and dealt with the consequences. Instead, you took away that memory."

"You're acting like I committed a fucking crime, Cosette," George exclaimed. "I did it for you!"

Cosette was at a point where she was so worked up that she didn't care how loud she was being in her response to him. She didn't care that Nick could probably very easily hear their entire conversation. She was beyond livid.

"Don't you dare fucking say that," She yelled at him. "Don't you for one second try and tell me that you did this for me. You did this for you."

George shook his head, disagreeing with everything she was saying, but Cosette wasn't done explaining her point.

"You didn't do this so that my relationship with Fred wouldn't be ruined, George. You did this because you didn't want your relationship with Fred to be ruined," she grew louder with each word, but it was too late for George to cast a silencing charm on this room. He was also slightly scared that if he pulled his wand out, Cosette would snap it in half in her hands.