56. Normal, Not Normal

(another 18+ chapter but it's fine, at this point this whole story is 18+)

Cosette and Nick used to come to this cabin a lot when they were younger. Young as in, before they started going to Hogwarts. Before they started to despise each other.

She hated sharing a room with Nick but to be fair, it wasn't as though they spent any time in the bedroom. There was only enough space for a dresser and the bunk bed and they liked going outside as much as possible.

Her dad still came out here even though Nick and her were older now. He liked fishing a lot, for some reason that Cosette could never understand. He said it was calming but the only time Cosette ever went fishing, her rod fell into the water and there was no way she was risking falling into the pond to get it back. Since her dad made a habit of not bringing his wand to the cabin, she just had to sit in the boat and wait until he was ready to go home.

But Harris must not have been out this year. Cosette took it upon herself to cast a couple household charms to make the place tidy. It wasn't that she planned on staying long, but she felt more comfortable sitting in the living room after giving it a quick vacuum.

Cosette didn't have too many memories of this place. She didn't come out here as often after starting at Hogwarts. And when she started dating Fred, she stopped visiting the cabin altogether.

She thought about bringing Fred out here a few times, but this was such a personal place for her and her family, she never found the right time to bring him. Fred barely stepped foot in her home, so having him come out to this cabin would have been strange.

But George, well, Cosette didn't really have any other choice.

No one outside of Cosette's family knew this place existed which meant no one would be able to find them. As soon as that thought crossed Cosette's mind she realized it did in fact sound a bit kidnap-ish.

But it was for his own good.

The charms that Cosette had placed on the bedroom he was trapped in were only supposed to last twelve hours. Cosette assumed that Lottie would have given him the potion either during lunch or dinner, which meant he would go to bed thinking he was in love with her, which wasn't fun for Cosette to think about, and would wake up with that mindset too.

George drank tea and coffee throughout the day and did his best to stay hydrated, always keeping a few water bottles around the flat. She knew this because Fred did the same thing. They must have gotten into the habit when they were Beaters and it just stuck.

Regardless, it would have been easier for Lottie to slip him Amortentia during the day as opposed to at night.

As Cosette sat outside, her feet resting in the hot tub that her dad had installed only a few years ago, she watched the sun start to drop behind the dense layers of trees, thankful that this whole situation was all coming together.

The fact that she didn't realize it all sooner made her feel, not only like an idiot, but extremely guilty. She should have known that George was not in control of his own thoughts. There was no way he could have gone from 'I'm not going anywhere' to 'What the hell do you want' without the involvement of someone fucking around.

In this case, that someone was Lottie.

Lottie had done this to him. She was turning him into someone that he wasn't. It was her fault that George looked at her now and saw nothing.

But sleeping with Elliot? Cosette had no one to blame but herself.

She had twelve hours to figure out if she was going to tell George that she had hooked up with Elliot. On one hand, Cosette didn't cheat because they were never together, but that was an awful way to look at it. Thinking about using it as an excuse made her feel sick to her stomach.