Two Years Later

Cosette took a step forward, her hands smoothing out the sides of her dress as she stared at her figure in the full length mirror. While she had always dreamt of the day that she would be wearing all-white, she couldn't deny that something felt off. Something was missing.

Or someone.

A knock on the door caught her attention, but not enough for her to make any move towards it. She knew that Hermione was standing right outside it, making sure that no one bothered her before it was time to leave.

Which is why she wasn't surprised when the door opened and Hermione came into view through the mirror. She took a second to admire the dress, as if she hadn't helped zipped it a few minutes ago, before meeting her eyes in the reflection.

Hermione cleared her throat, "You have a guest."

Cosette smiled to herself, "Tell George he's just going to have to wait."

"No it's-" Hermione chuckled, "It's Ginny and Harry."

Cosette really didn't want to see anyone. She wanted the first person she laid eyes on after stepping out of this room to be George, but she had to admit, the curiosity was getting the best of her. She could understand why Ginny would want to see her but couldn't even begin to guess why Harry of all people would be wanting to check in with her before the ceremony.

"Okay," Cosette nodded, turning around slowly so as to not wrinkle the material. She adjusted the strap on her shoulder and watched as Hermione backed up so Harry and Ginny could step into the room.

Similar to Hermione, Harry took a moment to look at Cosette, a gentle smile spreading across his face as the door shut behind him. This was the first time he had seen her in the dress, "Setty, you are absolutely stunning."

"It really is the perfect dress," Ginny added.

A blush crept up to Cosette's cheeks, "Thank you."

Cosette knew how she appeared. Fleur helped her with her makeup, ensuring that her skin looked flawless. Hermione and Ginny both worked on her hair. Cosette's only request was that it was down for the wedding and not pinned back as to not bring attention to the scar on her face and even though George loved every detail about Cosette, including the mark over her eye, he respected her preferences and didn't fight her on the hairstyle.

"We have something for you," Harry said, crossing the floor of the powder room. He reached into his jacket pocket, "A few things actually."

Cosette raised her eyebrows, "A wedding gift?"

"Sort of," Harry chuckled. "I do want one of them back eventually."

"Then how is it a gift?" She looked towards Ginny for some assistance, but this was all Harry.

"Well for starters," He handed over a small black box, similar to one that would carry a ring. Cosette held it delicately in her fingers, again, not able to ponder a guess as to what would be inside.

She flipped open the lid and an audible gasp escaped her lips.

An emerald stone stared up at her, with a golden, twisted, vine-like backing. Cosette knew immediately what this was, but it was altered.

"Fred's ring," she breathed out, tracing her fingers over the gemstone.

"Yes- I mean, no," Ginny intervened, "It's, um, it's a hair pin now. We had it altered so you would be able to wear it today. We can understand why you wouldn't want to wear a ring, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have a piece of him with you."