61. Bruised, Bloody and Burnt

A shard of glass piercing Cosette's thigh caused her leg to buckle. She barely had time to register the pain before pulling it out and throwing it onto the floor. She wiped the blood off her hand and turned back to Lottie.

"I'm so fucking sick of you," Cosette snarled, tightening her grip on her wand and aiming it directly at her. Another quick spell and Lottie was sent backwards again, hitting the wall and knocking the wind right out of her. 

    George said, more like yelled, something in an attempt to grab Cosette's attention again but his voice quickly faded into the background as she crossed the floor of the shop, grabbing the collar of Lottie's shirt and pinning her against the wall. As strangely talented as she was at throwing pieces of glass as if they were real weapons, Lottie had no energy and she had no wand.

She was helpless.

Lottie tried to throw a punch at her, but Cosette took that opportunity to pull her a few inches off the wall, only to slam her back into it. A few of the decorations that were hanging on the wall above her came falling to the floor as Lottie's head came into contact with the exposed brick.

"Cosette, think about what you're doing," George warned her, but the end of his sentence was cut off when Lottie started screaming as the tip of Cosette's wand started to pierce the side of her neck.

"I'm not going to kill you, Lottie" Cosette breathed out, tangling her fingers through the hair on the back of Lottie's head to keep it pinned against the wall, "But by the time I'm done, you're sure going to wish you were dead."

    George's hand wrapping around Cosette's arm wasn't enough to pull her focus away, it only pissed her off more that George was trying to stop her.

    "Get your fucking hand off of me," Cosette spat out. Even though her eyes were narrowed on Lottie, the message was for George.

    "I can't let you do this," He told her, the panic evident in his voice. This was not Cosette and he didn't know how to get through to her. "I can't let you turn this shop into a crime scene."

    "Fine, then I'll take this outside," Cosette ripped George's hand off of her and tightened her grasp on Lottie's hair before apparating them out of the joke shop.

    Cosette wasn't even sure where they were when they landed. All she pictured in her mind was a field so the second that her feet came into contact with the grass, she threw Lottie onto the ground and watched as she struggled to find her bearings. There was a patch of red standing out against the blonde on the back of her head, blood from either hitting the table or the wall, or both.

    Strands of hair were sticking to Cosette's face due to the blood trickling down her cheek. The more pressure she put on her leg the more she realized that the wound from the glass was deeper than she thought, but Cosette didn't have time to heal anything.

Lottie managed to push herself up to her knees, her breaths were staggered and desperate as she looked up at Cosette who was slowly making her way towards her.

"If you want to fight me, at least make it fair," Lottie's eyes darted to the wand gripped in Cosette's hand.

"Now where's the fun in that?" Cosette scoffed, stopping just over a foot away from her. She scanned over the blonde, aiming her wand directly in front of her and for the third time today, cast an unforgivable curse, "Crucio."

There was no way for Lottie to control the flame surging throughout her body. All of her nerves were lit up as she screamed in pain at the curse crashing over her. Cosette held her wand with a steady hand, enjoying how much Lottie was suffering.