28. Aftermath

Cosette did her best to not to think about George after he left the stadium, especially since she knew exactly what he was doing. He was extremely eager to get home to Lottie, which only encouraged Cosette to focus her attention on anything else.

At the pub, Ron wouldn't shut up about the game and he kept asking Elliot and Nick questions about the Falcons. Elliot, bless his heart, did his best to answer but there was no telling how much he had to drink and his mind was everywhere.

It got to the point where Cosette didn't even try to make sense of what he was saying, but once she heard the phrase, 'yer bum's oot the windae ye fuckin' bampot' she decided that it was probably time to cut him off.

Cosette went to the bar to get a glass of water for him but there was no telling whether or not he'd actually drink it. As soon as she stepped up the counter she noticed that Nick had followed her.

"I'm not buying you a drink," she told him before he could even ask. "I lost a bet with Elliot, I have nothing on me."

"No, no," Nick shook his head as he leaned against the bar. He glanced back towards the table they came from and sucked in a breath, "What's Ginny's deal?"

"Pardon?"

Nick sighed and realized he had to rephrase his question, "Like, is she seeing anyone?"

As much as she couldn't stand Harry, Cosette couldn't stomach the thought of her brother being interested in Ginny either. She pushed that thought immediately out of her mind because in her eyes, Ginny was her sister.

"No!" She scolded Nick, but then remembered what he originally asked. "I mean, yes she's seeing someone and no you are not allowed to be interested in her. Even if she wasn't dating anyone, she's four years younger than you and I do not approve."

Cosette asked the bartender for water as Nick let out a rather dramatic scoff.

"Elliot's five years older than you and you're all over him, but you don't see me making a big deal about it."

There was so much about that sentence that Cosette wanted to address, but she didn't know where to start. She glanced back at the table and saw all of them laughing at something Ron said before turning back to Nick.

"First off all," she started off. "I'm not all over Elliot. I've literally said six words to him since we got here."

"You still haven't stopped looking at him!" Nick grabbed the glass of water as soon as it was placed in front of her and took a large sip of it.

"How could I not?" Cosette couldn't help but laugh, "He's so entertaining it's like watching a toddler try to speak in another language."

Nick sucked in a breath, "Yeah, okay fair."

Cosette ordered another water as Nick easily finished the contents of the first glass. "Ginny is off limits, Nick," She warned him and grabbed the glass, ignoring how ready he was to argue with her as she headed back to the table.

She climbed back into the booth and Ben greeted her with a smile as she slid the water across the table to where Elliot sat. He took one look at it and shook his head.

"Vodka's not really my thing, lass."

"That's not vodka, Elliot, it's water." Cosette rolled her eyes. "I'm not forcing you to drink it but it's there if you need it."

Elliot pouted his lips out, "You care about me?"

"I care about you not blacking out," she corrected him right as Nick joined them again. He slid in next to Ginny on the opposite side of the table and with their previous conversation fresh in her mind, Cosette easily noticed the way Nick eyed her.