20. Wedding Pt. 2

cw: this chapter contains mature subject matter (brief mentions of racism)

.

---

Now that the tent was set up, it wouldn't be long until the guests started to arrive. Bill was anxiously chatting away with Fleur's parents and Fleur was somewhere inside in one of the rooms where she would stay until her grand entrance down the aisle.

    The door to the burrow opened again and both Fred and George looked over their shoulders to see Cosette walking in their direction with jackets draped over her arm.

    "You might want these," She said, handing each of the twins their suit jackets that they had left inside. Cosette waited until Fred had slipped his on before reaching for the tie around his neck to help adjust it.

    Fred's hands instantly went to her hips as the corner of his lips tugged upwards into a smirk, "I don't think I'll be able to keep my hands off you today."

    Cosette darted her eyes to where George stood only a few feet away, but he was adjusting one of the tent strings so hopefully he didn't hear what Fred had just said. She knew that George had caught Fred walking out of the bathroom after her and Cosette was waiting for him to make a stupid comment about it.

    But he wasn't paying them any attention. Maybe he was going to be mature today for a change.

    She tugged on Fred's tie to pull him forward, pressing her lips against his softly. Cosette would have liked to continue kissing him but they heard the sound of the first few guests arriving and promptly separated.

    Cosette stayed at Fred's side for a long as she could before the ceremony started. He did his best to point out who was who in his family, but there were so many lines of Weasley's that he even forgot a few names.

It was easy to tell who was on the Delacour side and who was on the Weasley side. Most of the Wealey relatives had red hair, and if it wasn't red it was dark brown or something in between. They were all extremely friendly and eager to catch up, treating this wedding as more of a reunion.

The Delacour's were tall and held their chins high. They were either blonde or had very dark hair, there was no in between. Most of them spoke with french accents, or simply didn't bother to speak english at all. Cosette couldn't blame them, not knowing another language was a very easy way to get out of a conversation.

Fred's hand remained either around her waist or interlocked through hers as he brought her around to meet a few members of the family before the ceremony began. He introduced her as his girlfriend and although she had been his girlfriend for nearly five years now, Cosette's cheeks grew hot every time he mentioned it.

He was so eager to show Cosette off and get his family's opinions and approval of her that when George had to pull him away to start assisting with groomsmen duties, Fred actually seemed disappointed.

"It's fine, Freddie. Go help Bill, this is his day." she assured him, glancing down at the empty spot next to his older cousin, Bethany. She was in the middle of telling Cosette how Fred used to throw the worst tantrums when he was younger whenever she babysat him. "I'd love to hear more stories about you as a child."

"Beth, please don't tell her anything embarrassing," Fred pleaded, hearing George call his name again.

"Oh, you mean the diaper story?" Bethany raised her champagne glass to her lips, trying to hold back a laugh. "No, I'm definitely telling her that one."

Cosette sat down next to her and reached for a glass of her own to start drinking. Fred knew he couldn't stand there and argue with either because Bill was waiting for him so in defeat, he leaned down and kissed Cosette's cheek quickly before heading off.