48. Remember

Hi friends. Me and bri have been seeing a LOT of concerns and questions that don't really make any sense. I understand that elusive was first published at the end of feb (i think) so you've been reading since the start i get that some details may slip your mind. But yet we still get questions about things that are explained within the first 10-15 chapters. I'm not saying that you should go back and reread from the start but the further we get into elusive, (we're currently about halfway maybe) there's a chance that more things from previous chapters might come into play. Bri and I have planned this whole story out front to back and it's not like we just make things up as we go along like there is meaning behind so much of what happens and what is said.

So I do recommend going back and refreshing your memory but in no way am I telling you that you have to. Obviously if there are questions we will answer them, but by rereading it you may even see some things that you missed the first time around.

Also i just want to add that for the last chapter, bri and I literally spent hours researching wands for the sake of elusive pls appreciate the effort we put into this story bc its actually stupid

Love you, enjoy the chapter and please vote

Feeling a dip in the opposite end of the couch, Cosette was startled awake. She sat up and looked towards whoever had just sat down next to her feet.

"Morning," George smiled, handing her a cup of tea that looked to be freshly poured. The distinct smell of earl grey instantly comforted her.

"Thank you," she whispered, glancing towards the staircase. It didn't seem like anyone else was awake yet or if they were, they were still upstairs. George cleared his throat as he shuffled closer on the couch, lifting up Cosette's legs to rest on his lap instead.

"So I was thinking," George trailed off and Cosette instinctively frowned, already assuming that whatever this conversation was, it wasn't going to go well. George laughed at her reaction and started to rub his hand over her legs, "You don't even know what I'm going to say."

"No one starts a sentence off like that if it's for something good," Cosette pointed out, taking a sip of her tea.

"This is exactly what I was thinking about," George was still smiling, so clearly this topic wasn't stressing him out how it was Cosette. "Setty, do you know where most of our arguments stem from?"

"Lottie."

George rolled his eyes, "Besides her."

Cosette shrugged her shoulders and George rested his arm along the back of the couch. When he did that, she was hit with the scent of pine needles and campfire. They were smart not to wear any clothes in the pond, otherwise they would still be damp this morning and most definitely carrying a specific odor.

"You jump to conclusions all the time," George blurted out and Cosette's jaw dropped in shock.

"Not all the time," She argued, her eyebrows furrowing together as she thought about why they last yelled at each other. For the most part, Lottie was to blame.

"Most of the time," he corrected himself. "If you had just talked to me at the shop yesterday, you wouldn't have spent the next twelve hours being pissed at me. Not just that, but there have been a handful of times when an argument could have been avoided if we just talked."

"But it's Lottie-"

"You're right," George interjected before Cosette could continue pointing fingers elsewhere. "Lottie is the root of most of it right now, but after today she's going to be out of our lives. We might run into problems in the future, most couples do, it's natural, and I just need you to communicate with me instead of resorting to anger right away."