23

Camila's Pov
5 minutes later
"How did Josh know you? How did you know him even?" Stiles speaks up randomly and I look up from my phone.

"I've been tutoring him in English since we met Liam."I say looking back at my phone.

"That's it?" Theo asks.

"Well yeah." I say continuing to look down at my phone.

"Your heart skipped a beat, is there something your not telling us?" Theo asks and I roll my eyes at him.

"After Allison died he took me out to coffee every week and we talked. Pretty harmless he's a nice guy." I say looking up from my phone.

"Just talked?" Theo asks.

"Yep."

"Good." Theo says and I raise my eyebrow in confusion.

"What?!" Stiles says dramatically.

30 minutes later
"Are you guys wondering why I've not said anything to Scott?" Theo speaks up.

"Maybe." Stiles blurts out.

"You think that I've got some kind of ulterior motive?" Theo asks.

"More than likely." Stiles adds.

"Would you believe me if I said all I want, all I've ever wanted is for you guys to trust me?" Theo asks.

"Yes."

"No."

I look at Stiles in confusion at his answer.

"So your here because your never gonna trust me?" Theo questions.

"Yep glad we had this talk because I don't trust you alone with Mila." Stiles says.

Theo sighs uncomfortably.

"You know who you remind me of?" Theo starts.

"Theo I don't care." Stiles groans in annoyance.

"My sister." Theo says making Stiles look at him weirdly.

Theo looks at me and then at Stiles.

"She was smarter than everyone too. And a pain in the ass like you too. She always looked out for me. Same way you look out for Cam and Scott." Theo replies.

I look between them both.

"You know I was the one who found her body. She'd fallen into the creek and broken her leg. They told me she would've been okay if it wasn't one of the coldest nights of the year. If it wasn't for the hypothermia. You know when I found her all I could think was that I should've known. That I should've been looking out for her." Theo tells me and Stiles.

I listen and I feel a pang of sadness and remorse run through me.

"Why are you telling me this?" Stiles asks.

"I'm telling you because even if you don't trust me, I will still be looking out for you. Especially for Cam." Theo admits.

A little while later
"You know I saw his teeth." Theo speaks up again and looks at me.

"Donovan. He was a uhh wendigo?" Theo asks.

"Yeah the cannibal supernatural creature." I say quietly.

"So what's the punishment for killing a chimera?"Theo asks.

"You get to spend 5 hours in the car with Theo Raeken who is constantly flirting with my sister." Stiles says.

"Besides from the constant guilt..." I pause.

"I know my punishment. I'm gonna lose Scott and Liam." I mumble.

"You won't." Stiles says turning around in his seat.

"If Scott really gave up on you for some piece of crap like Donovan then he wouldn't be a true alpha would he?" Theo questions.

"I killed Donovan. How am I still a true alpha?" I ask them.

"Maybe the fact that they don't agree with murder." Stiles answers Theo.

"It sounds like you guys need to look up justifiable homicide." Theo suggests.

"Did you really just say that to the son of a cop?" Stiles asks sarcastically causing me to giggle.

"A werewolf's eyes are supposed to change colour when you take an innocents life." Theo says and he flashes his eyes yellow.

"Do these look blue to you?" he asks Stiles who says nothing.

"It was self defence Camila. For you and for me." Theo says looking at me.

"Maybe you just don't feel all that bad about it." Stiles says.

"Stiles!" I say harshly.

"You can't say that one life is objectively less innocent than another one. What if they turn blue because you feel guilty?" Stiles says.

"Stiles!" I snap.

"What?"

"When we were in Eichen after I killed Donovan my eyes didn't change colour. I still feel overly guilty like I did back then." I say and Stiles looks back at me before nodding his head and sighing.

"I guess your right." he sighs.

"Did you feel bad about it?" Theo asks me.

"About what?" I ask.

"When you knew Donovan was dead and never coming back." Theo elaborates.

"One word, good." Stiles answers instead of me.

"Safer I guess." I answer.

An unusual smell hits my nostrils. I sniff the air and I see Theo doing the same.

"What?" Stiles asks.

"The scent. Like smoke, like something burning." we both say.

Theo looks out of the window just as a fiery fist comes and hits him, causing him to spray blood all over Stiles's and my face. Theo gets dragged out of the Jeep.

"THEO!" I shout and go to get out but instantly get pulled back by Stiles as the Jeep rocks.

Next thing I know we are tipped over and land upside down on the floor. I crawl out and see Stiles trapped, I grab his shoulder and pull him out of the flaming Jeep.

"Stiles!" I call out to him but he doesn't respond.

"Watch out." A bloody Theo says coming up from behind me with a fire extinguisher and he sprays Stiles continuously until he wake up coughing,

"Stiles." I say and I hug him tightly as he sits up.

"The body, it's gone." Theo says disappointedly.