27

Camila's Pov
History Class
I'm sitting in History class with Theo and Scott when I hear an ambulance outside.

"Did you hear that?" I ask them both and they nod.

I just leave the classroom and run outside, just in time to see Corey with silver covering his body, being put on a stretcher.

"Corey!" I shout to him and I run towards him.

"Camila!" he shouts back and holds his hand out to me.

"Your gonna be okay, I promise we'll protect you."I say as I hold onto his hand.

"Please Camila." he whispers as he gets dragged into the ambulance.

I feel hands grip my shoulders and I turn around and see Mason. I see his shirt covered in silver substance. I quickly slip my hoodie over my head and I hand it to Mason.

"What's this for?" he asks.

"Your shirts ruined, put this on. Don't worry it's men's anways, they're more comfortable." I explain and he chuckles slightly.

"Well protect him. I'll protect him." I say as I run off into the school building to find Lydia.

I end up running into her and I speak up.

"Can I have your car keys? It's urgent. I need to get to the hospital." I plead her and she fumbled in her purse and throws me her keys.

"Thank you." I say as I take off down the hallway.

"Don't scratch it!" she calls after me.

"I won't!"

I get into her car and speed off to the hospital. When I get there I run inside and search the rooms to find him. I catch his scent and I follow it outside and I see a Dread Doctor passing through the middle of two ambulances. I hide round the corner so he doesn't spot me when I see him stan his cane into thin air besides the bus.

Suddenly Corey appears and he starts choking. The Dread Doctor vanishes round the corner and I run forwards and catch Corey before he hits the floor. I help him sit on the floor against the ambulance and I hold pressure into his wound.

"Your going to be okay Corey, your gonna be fine." I stammer trying to take his pain.

"It's fine Camila." he chokes out more silver substance.

"I can't take your pain, why can't I take your pain?" I question him.

"It's because it doesn't hurt." he says reminding me of Allison when she died in Scott's arms.

" he says reminding me of Allison when she died in Scott's arms

"Corey. I promised you you would be okay and I would protect you." I stutter out as I hold onto his stab wound.

He places his hand on top of mine and clutches onto it tightly.