Chapter 12

Agatha's POV

I opened my eyes in the cold morning. The birds were only waking up, so no chirping was heard. I usually start my day by washing my face and drinking warm water but I'm in the middle of a forest. Where am I supposed to get warm water? Or where am I supposed to go to wash my face?

I laid on my sleeping bag worrying about starting the day. Didn't I know that we have to cross this big domain of trees and it is going to be a long day? Yes I did. I still can't believe the fact that only day before yesterday we broke the puzzle and started our journey. Yesterday, the weird animals were speaking, Zelma and Leola getting their powers. Then the major and unexpected happening. I stabbed a giant wolf using my sword/ silver locket and killed it. All of these feels like a dream. All this happened in just two days and who knows what is going to happen next. Is it just the beginning or did most of the cool things got over? Who knows.

I was again falling into the deep sea of sleep but I forced my eyes to remain open. I could see white thick fog around me. So, I could hardly see anybody lying on the floor. I vainly got up and stretched, I could hear my knuckles popping.

I searched for my sword. Taking a sword in the morning is not preferred by me but it's mine right? So I have to take care of that. I ran my fingers blindly without looking. My fingers didn't spot my sword anywhere, that brought a sudden increase in my panic level. I darted my eyes to the ground but my sword was not there. I stood on my knees and checked. The mist was much blinding making it hard for me to search. I moved my hands. I remember very well, yesterday I had kept it near me but now... I felt something.

I suddenly bought my fingers to my neck. An ice-cold thing stuck to the necklace. I ran my fingers to make out its shape, it was my sword. My lungs relaxed. I smiled to myself. I sat back inside the sleeping bag and tucked my legs inside.

I pulled my bag lying above my sleeping bag. I had kept it as my pillow for the night. It was not that comfortable. The proof is the horrible neck pain I felt right when I got up.

The night was warm for a good long time but it gradually got reduced and became ice-cold. My nose is also not feeling good. There was a small lump of ice stuck inside my windpipe, it's not true but that's how it feels. It is disturbing me a lot.

I pulled out my metal bottle and drank some water. I also washed my face with it. It was just as cold as the soft wind. I smiled to myself. A weirdly pleasing memory came to my mind.

It happened when I went to school tour. That day I was so tired after the campfire and party. I slept right the moment when I crashed onto my bed. I was more than comfortable. The cozy bed and blanket was hugging me softly warming my body. In between the comfort and coziness of the night, cold piercing water hit my body. I jerked up to see my maniac friends standing in front of me with an empty bucket and frowning faces.

"What the hell is with you guys!?" I yelled.

Ann, my friend said rolling her eyes, "We have been calling you for a long time."

"You were sleeping soundly and it looked so funny." My another friend Filna said. (I miss her so much)

"We are going in twenty minutes. Brush your teeth and come down." She looked at her watch.

"What about my bag?" I asked.

"Everything is inside the bus." Filna said shrugging.

How I miss those days. It was fun, I love the old corridors and class rooms. My friends and teachers. The ground, canteen, trees and the entire campus.

I got up from my sleeping bag and adjusted my eyes. The fog was still thick but I walked. I shouldn't leave my friends but I want to step out and hug the beautiful nature. They are sleeping, I will be back with no time. I wrapped my arms around my jacket and moved forward.