Chapter 23

Agatha's POV

They came running to us and kneeled down with me. A big thunderstruck on the sky, as the sky turned as dark as night.

"We have to move him ASAP." Said Odell. We agreed and we positioned to lift him. Odell held his shoulders, Leola and Zelma held his legs. I took both of our bags.

"Ok, in 3, 2, 1." They lifted him up and carried to the cave which was near the beach. The rain had started drizzling. Alton was trying not to yell at us, and he was biting off his pain.

When we reached the cave there were some weeds at the entrance. I cut them using my sword making it easy for us to enter the cave. I also cut out some long banana leaves which was there near the cave and laid it on the floor of the cave. Odell, Leola and Zelma placed Alton carefully down in that long leaves, he groaned.

I sat next to him and took out the bottle which had the dark green liquid and digged out the medicinal leaves which was left over from the previous use. Leola had some more of the leave, and she had stored a backup liquid medicine.

Odell helped me to remove his shirt, and we cleaned his wounds trying hard not to hurt him more. The cuts were deep, it showed his flesh and it was obvious that he lost a lot of blood. It was hard for me to look at, the view dazed me.

Zelma took out her first aid kit and searched for painkillers. She got one and passed it to me, I gave it to Alton whose head was on my lap. He gulped the painkiller with some water, but it did no good. So, after some time we gave our natural painkiller. In the meantime Leola and Odell rubbed the leaves to get the juice from it. They let it drop directly into Alton's wounds, he concealed his pain, but he couldn't keep it for long.

"Leo, keep the crushed leaves on his wound." Odell ordered and she did so.

"Guys I'll come now." Said Zelma getting up.

"Where are you going?" I interrogated.

"I... I'll try to get some help." She said running off to the rain.

It was just showering now. Making the plants and soil outside mildly wet. The smell of the rain came spreading all over. The bitterness of the pain and the sweet smell of the rain have always been a good mix but, today I'm angry at it. It's no more soothing, it was like a curse on a bad day to make it worse. Why now?

Leola covered the wounds with some white cloths.

He was holding my hand, even though I couldn't stop my tears and sobs I smiled to him, saying you will get better, and he gave it back to me with the same hope, it was clear in his face that he could not tolerate this much pain. We passed all these barriers together and now we will also pass this situation together. No matter what nothing can split us.

The cave became dark in no time. The rain got heavy drumming hard on the roof of the cave. The rain drops were coming inside and drizzling on us. It became cold and Alton started shivering. I took out both Alton's and my jacket to cover his legs and half of his torso.

Leola went near the entrance and grew some plants which protected us like walls and there was some dry wood scattered around the cave. She gathered that and some leaves which had escaped to this cave long ago and tried to light it with a lighter. It took some time for the heat to spread around and make us warm.

Cold sweat broke out from his face, I wiped it using my hands. His eyes were fixed on to my face breathing heavily.

"Agatha." Alton whispered.

"Yes?" I answered quivering.

"I..." He sighed and looked at the ceiling. "Do you think I will live?"