Chapter 26

Zelma's POV

A black and blue chariot came to the battlefield from the castle. It was pulled by four magnificent horses, they weren't real, they emitted light and dark mist was covered around them.

"They are horse spirits." Said the King.

The horse spirits came down to the seabed and waited for King Emerald to get in. He went up with the help of General Alex and rode away to the castle leaving behind the excited crowd.

We saw another chariot pulling near us. It had two horses in it. The charioteer was wearing a helmet, breastplate and had a spear in his hand. He motioned us to get inside. The chariot was a little high, but I managed to get inside. My friends came in and the charioteer made the horses move.

They moved up in a circle and aimed to reach the castle. Below us the excited army was chanting in the same tone and started moving back to the castle.

As we came closer we saw many mermaids and mermen cheering for the King and for us. They were all relieved despite the loss they faced the previous day's. The castle and surroundings were lit up brightly welcoming us.

The chariot slowed down as we reached the entrance. Both the sides were surrounded with merpeople some with uniforms and a trumpet. They blew the trumpet as King Emerald got down from his chariot. Different colored fishes swam circling him and many confetti flew in the water.

Smiling and laughing we got down. Everyone was in a mood for celebration. King Emerald got a seashell necklace from a small mermaid kid, he received it smiling then kissed the little kid on her cheek.

King Emerald smiled and waved at everyone and entered the castle halls with General Alex. We followed them behind enjoying the moment. Some more mermaid kids came and dropped seashell necklaces on us. We said thank you and moved on.

When we got inside the castle hall we heard the king asking a mermaid, "Where is Coral?"

"Princess Coral is resting in her room, your majesty." She replied bowing her head.

"Your majesty! You came!" Said an excited Minister Zach. "And you! Humans, are alive. Oh, what a miracle!" In a not so pleased tone.

"Yes Minister, we came." Said the King rolling his eyes. "Alive and holding victory in our side."

"But the Princess, oh poor Coral, she was nearly dead when this human bought her here." He said pointing at Agatha. "I was wondering if she will live. But she did, such a miracle. A girl frail as her shouldn't be out there fighting like her father." Said the minister sadly with a sigh.

"Enough Zach! Not a word from your mouth. Be grateful for them at least now. If they were not there in the battlefield we would have lost!" Yelled the king at the minister. "Moreover that Coral was saved by them. When you were resting in here they were fighting with our army. If I hear another word from you against them or Coral you will be no longer living in this castle or worse I will send you to the Dark Asylum. I've been tolerating you for so long Zach."

The King looked at him in disgust and went with the mermaid to see Coral. The Minister looked at us. If eyes could kill somebody we would have been dead right on the spot. I laughed at the thought and adjusted my assassion926 aimed at the minister. He got terrified and swam away cursing in his language. Our General Alex laughed at the sight.

"You kids were better than our trained soldiers." Said the General smiling. "Go change your bloody clothes we might have a party comin up."

"Cool!" Agatha exclaimed. He nodded and went away with a satisfied smile.  Her sword turned back to the locket, and she connected it to her necklace. I frowned, we can't keep these weapons with us, can we?