Chapter 30

Anonymous POV

The light of dawn spread across the land. Sweet scent of flowers and chocolate spread everywhere. Birds chirped and swans honked, bees buzzed and collected honey from flowers. The roads were slowly filling with morning walkers and workers.

A fisherman, following his daily routine walked to the beach expecting a good lot of fishes. He went away from the tiled road to the sandy beach. The blue sea glittered in the golden sun. The yellow shore was cold, yesterday's rain had left the beach wet.

As he was walking aiming his shed, he saw one figure lying on the sand. He got confused. The man went near the figure, and he realized that it was a human body. He pushed the body to see its face.

Surprisingly the face looked familiar somehow, even though he had never seen this man before. The fisherman bought his fingers to the person's nose to check if he is alive. He felt air touching his fingers lightly, he is alive.

The man thought about informing this to the chief. He got up and rushed to call his friends and chief, but he again spotted three more bodies like before and far away from the shore there was a gigantic beast with wings.

All these things were not previously encountered by him. So with fear and surprise of what he had seen he rushed off to the city.

"Chief, chief!" He called.

"What happened, Bert?" A man asked.

"Bodies, four bodies in the shore and... and... A..."

"What is it Bert?" An old man in white plain dress and long beard asked.

"Oh Chief, chief, I saw... bodies in the shore and... a... a dragon!" He shuttered and said panting.

The Chief frowned.

"Chief," he started.

"Yes, everyone come to the beach. Call Captain Jem."

"Yes, chief." A man rushed off to call Captain Jem on his horse back.

The Chief, the fisherman and the people went to the beach. The fisherman pointed at the body he had found.

"This man is alive, I felt his breath." The fisherman said.

To make sure he still had life in his body the Chief held the man's hand. He felt the pulse throbbing. He examined the new face with his eyes and tapped on the man's cheeks.

"Hey," he tapped, "hey." The man covered in sand coughed. He mumbled something opening his eyes.

"Hey?" The chief called. The man didn't say anything and closed his eyes. The chief spotted a black leather thread on his neck he pulled it and saw a golden locket dangling from it.

The Chief's eyes widened, "The saviours!"

"What is it Chief?" Asked a low deep voice. The chief recognised the voice without turning.

"Jem, the Saviours are here!" Exclaimed the chief standing, showing happiness in his eyes.

The faces of the people circling them lit.

"The Saviours!" Captain Jem smiled. "Where are the other kids?"

The fisherman pointed where he had seen them.

"Who is that?" Captain Jem asked with contentment.

The Chief flipped the golden token and read, "Alton."

A short laugh came from among the people, "My son." A man came from the crowd and bend down with Alton, his eyes teary and face happy.

Captain Jem smiled at him. He turned and rushed to the next kid lying on the sand. A group of people joined him. They saw that it was a girl. A lady checked the golden token and read out loud, "Zelma."