Chapter 13

Alton's POV

Temperature was perfect. The sleeping bag was long enough and didn't allow too much cold air inside. A peaceful sleep was exactly what I wanted after the long minutes of fighting a giant wolf.

I didn't know anything till sunrise. At six fifteen I woke up. The surrounding area was covered with a little fog. Near to me Odell was sleeping with his hand on the ground. Leola and Zelma were head to toe covered. Leola started stirring by the time I folded my sleeping bag. 'Agatha' she whispered.

Agatha. Where is she? I didn't see her when I woke up. I spotted her sleeping bag between Leola's and Zelma's. It was empty. Where did she go?

"Agatha.... Agatha..." I called her. I walked a short distance but she was not there. I can't do anything alone. I have to call them up. God, where did that girl dift off to? I jogged back to our camp site.

"Guys, hey. Odell, Zelma, Leola, wake up." I called them.

"Five more minutes, Dad." Odell said. My jaw dropped.

"I'm not your dad. Get up. Agatha is missing."

"What?" Zelma asked in a tired voice, rubbing her eyes.

"Where did she go." Leola sat up.

"I don't know. I didn't see her here. I called her but she didn't respond. I don't think she is here." I said.

"Aaaggghhhh...." We heard a distant cry.

"It's her." Zelma said getting up.

What happened to her? What is harming her? I can't see her hurt. I ran to the direction where the sound came from. They followed me.

I again heard a scream. What is happening to her?

"Agatha.." I yelled at my top voice.

I could hear her cry. I ran towards her. She again screamed. I ran faster.

I stopped by the view I saw. Many white ugly figures were closing next to Agatha. She lay there her eyes looking at my direction. I called her name again. She half raised her hand but instantly her hand went down as if something stabbed her hand. She cried out of pain.

I ran to her, calling her name. It is not a good idea to run into white creatures without any weapon in hand. I don't care. I don't mind about my safety, I want Agatha to be safe.

The white creatures closed to Agatha greedily. Their hands touched her sweaty face. I had a dagger sticking out of the side of my boot. I took it out and tried to stab those hideous things. As I expected the dagger went without harming those things.

"Air spirits. They are air spirits. Nothing can harm them." Odell said closing to us.

I didn't mind. I tried to stab it again. Just like before nothing happened. Those spirits laughed. My rage increased. I don't know how to keep them at bay. But whatever happens I want to save Agatha.

I bared my palms and hit it right on the face. It crashed on to a tree. I looked back at Odell. He said nothing can harm those. But I felt my fist go and hit the spirit. Strange.

That thing screamed and the entire crowd of spirits came to attack me.

I felt a huge wave going inside my body. It must be Zelma's powers. I ran forward and leapt up to give a painful shot to the ones near me. Leola and her plants tried to tie down those spirits. Nature spirits can only be destroyed with the help of nature.

Leola and I cleared the way. Most of the spirit were not to be seen. Half of them hid for the sake of their lives.

Zelma ran to Agatha. She raised Agatha's body and kept on her knees. I saw her palms and arms bathed in blood. Her jacket was torn off from her. Blood and sweat covered her face. She lay motionless in Zelma's arms.