Chapter 25

Zelma's POV

I knew the merpeople could help us. Even though I will not reveal how I helped them, their help was bigger than what I did.

When we hit the waters I saw a group following us. Agatha got washed away by some currents, but their people found her at last. Odell, Leola and I got our ointment and drink as we landed on the seabed. And they took Alton away as soon as they found him. They informed us that they found Agatha and that she was holding her hand with Alton's.

They took Alton immediately to the west coast. They didn't allow us to go to their while they cured him.

Agatha was taken to a room, and we waited for her to wake up in the time. She didn't get up even after they told Alton was ok. So the doctors checked Agatha. They told Agatha breathed in and drank so much saline water. They somehow made her spit it out. They told she will be ok within ten minutes and so it happened.

When I got back to my room after having breakfast I noticed that they had my new war costume ready. A lightweight but highly protective black body armor, a helmet, combat boots and gloves. A mermaid informed me to go to the armory after getting ready.

Now I'm in my assigned room getting ready to fight a war. Agatha was right with her decision. We can't thank them enough for bringing back Alton. Even though we have never fought a war in our lives, we are going anyway going there in the battlefield.

We don't know who our enemies are, but I'm pretty sure that they are much powerful than this army here. We might not be able to stand a chance, but we sure can test our luck again.

When I was ready I went out from my room a young mermaid escorted me to the armory. I was there first from our group. I saw King Emerald, Princess Coral, a merman dressed like a minister and some other mermaids. They were picking their weapons some sharpening their swords and some others rubbing a liquid on their arrows.

I was greeted by a solider, and she escorted me to the King and the Princess.

"Ah, Zelma. This is General Alex, he will help you choose your weapon." Said the king smiling.

"I don't think these humans can help us." The minister figure scoffed.

"Thanks for the encouragement." I said.

The King laughed. "Zelma this is our minister Zach, he is not going to join us in the battlefield."

"Yeah, there should be someone to export these humans bodies back to shore when they die."

The King's smile was washed away too soon and his face turned serious. "We are going from here before this hour ends. I know it's so soon, but we have to reach the battlefield soon. Our soldiers cannot slow them down for long. I hope you understand." I nodded.

General Alex led me through the armory while the King and the Princess went away from the armory. I lifted several swords and knifes but nothing felt right in my hands. Agatha, Leola, Odell and Alton came shortly and began hunting for their weapons. Agatha stood aside as she had her sword, she had a mask in her face, an additional coverage from water they said.

Leola found her companion instantly, it was a bow and arrow. I continued walking around and I saw something. I went ahead and picked it up. It was magnificent.

"Oh, you chose Assassin926?" Asked the General looking at the gun.

"Yeah." I said.

"We made it just two years ago. It's way more powerful than we intended it to be. Maybe it will suit you." He said. I nodded.

"Take this." The General gave me a broad shoulder belt with a row of bullets.

"Are you people ready?" He asked my friends.