Chapter 14

Odell's POV

If you haven't seen hell, I have seen it in my dreams. The moment when you realise you can't help your friends in danger even if you want to is seriously painful. And you feel like dying, so that you don't have to see them suffer.

Agatha, Zelma and Leola got their powers just the day we landed, I'm happy for them, and Alton like Zelma calls him, is an armstrong. But what about me? I literally feel like a liability.

First that wolf. It bit onto Leola's leg. Her screams and cries are still ringing in my ears. The others tried their best to destroy it. But what did I do? Nothing.

Now Agatha. Why did I run off from there? Why am I still running? I can go back now but what will I do? What if they don't make it here or what if another air spirit came and attack me?

Even if I go back I can't help them. Those things are air spirits. I don't know how I know that but I... It just came to my mind.

I slowed down, I walked to the camp site. What if they manage to get out alive? I know they will. Then we can't just leave our supplies in here.

I folded all of our sleeping bags and tied it to our bags. Some of our supplies were scattered around. I took them and stuffed it evenly.

The sounds of raging footsteps and gasping came louder. They are here. I put on my bag ready for a run. I saw a weak Agatha in Alton's arms. He came and placed Agatha on the ground and rushed to put on the bag. Leola and Zelma also did that. Leola took a handful of anastatial, a kind of medicinal plant, and started rubbing in her palms. I followed her lead and did what I'm only good at, healing.

I cleaned Agatha's wounds, with water I had. Leola placed the crushed plants to it. I plucked some out of the earth and squashed them inside my palms. We both squeezed out the liquid of it and poured it into a leaf shaped into a cup, which was done by Leola. I got a little plant called seducide maple and I extracted its juice out of it and added it to the mix.

Leo poured it into her mouth and waited.

We saw Agatha's breath rate and heart beat coming to normal. She didn't open her eyes. The seducide maple was working good.

"Why is she not waking up?" Alton asked.

"I added some seducide to it. She will sleep for some time, it will help her heal faster." I took a cloth and tied it on her palm. Leo also tied some on her arms and legs. "She will be all right when she wakes up."

When we tied up all her wounds I heard whispers and hushed voices speaking. I looked at that direction.

"Alton, the spirits are coming back. Take Agatha."

The spirits came to view. They were angry. Their fangs and nails longer and dirt filled. We acted quickly, we took our belongings and ran.

When I looked back I saw Leola running to the opposite side, to the spirits.

"Leola." Alton called her.

"I'll be back. Go with her. All of you." She yelled.

What is she doing. I ran to her but our eyes met. It pleaded to me to go back. I didn't obey. Her eyes turned soft and hurt. It made me stop. She turned to them and ran back.

"Leo, don't be stupid. Come back here." Zelma called her.

"No go with her." She shouted back.

She raised her mighty hands which were now weak. I saw her body no longer can take the pressure. Someone has to help her. But she is too stubborn to agree. And who can help her now. If I had any powers.