Chapter 16

Agatha's POV

After we filled our bottles Alton and Odell left. I bend down to touch the clear water, it was cold. I dipped my legs one by one and slowly seeped into the water. Water covered me neck deep. My hand moved making gentle ripples on the water surface.

I let my body free with my arms clutching on to the big and small rocks. I was at floating. I didn't know to swim but I managed to read near Leola who was a bit away from me. I sticked on to the rocks and moved to her. She held her hands to me.

"Hold it." She told. I kept my hands with her's. She swam holding my hands to the middle of the pond like area.

Zelma stepped down and swam to us.

"Don't you know to swim?" She asked.

"Nope." I said moving my legs as seen in cartoons and movies.

"Good." She said and smiled, I smiled back. "Now hold my hands."

I did as she said. Leola smiled and swam around us. Zelma and I spun in circles. That was cool, I giggled. Leola splashed water on us and we did the same.

At a point I slipped stepping on a rock and I didn't get a grip. I thought I was going to drown, water entered into my mouth. When I tried to step on the rocks it slipped. "Help... Help!" I yelled but they didn't come.

"Agatha, stay calm. Try to step on that stone, keep your legs to it. Don't struggle."Leola said

"Help..." I said, I tried to do as she said. Slowly I got a grip on myself. I saw Zelma coming near me. She held my hand and pulled me near some big rocks.

"Stay here." She said.

I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"We know how much deep this is." Leola smiled. "You managed well."

"Thanks." I laughed.

"Agatha," Zelma called. "Put your arms around my neck." She said.

I nodded. She swam with me. Now it really felt like floating. I laughed.

"I feel like flying." I shouted.

"You mean floating?" She asked.

"Yeah." I laughed.

She swam two rounds with me lingering behind her.

"You guys look like the crocodile and the monkey from that old story." Leola said laughing.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, no doubts."

"Ohkay then." Zelma said and splashed a lot of water on her face.

I slowly moved to my safe place stepping upon some giant stones. I saw fishes in the water and I tried to catch some. But the little creatures moved away from my following palms just some seconds before they were caught.

It was so relaxing. The soothing wind, flowing cold water, two three leaves falling occasionally and some best friends who are there for you when in need.

I adjusted myself between the rocks. Head to toe soaked in water.  I heard the birds singing in a language which I could also understand. How sweet and meaningful it is, describing about the distant lands they have been and going to. Leola sprinkled some water on my face, I looked at her and smiled spraying some water back on her face but she successfully swam away from me.

She had her part of fun now I'm going to have mine. So, I tried to dip my face holding down my breath. But I couldn't stay there longer. So I decided to do another thing I'm good at - sleeping with eyes open or daydreaming.