Chapter 24

Agatha's POV

"Oh," Zelma said holding her head, "no, no, no. We still can try. Come on, lift him up."

"No Zel, I don't..." Said Odell.

"I know what I'm doing. Agatha trust me." She said coming near me. I didn't turn to face her, or anyone. I was looking at him. I kept his face close to me. He became ice-cold in no time, he was cold even when the fire was lit.

"What if they can't bring him back?" I asked wiping off the cold perspiration on his forehead.

"They can, they must. They told me they have the cure." She said taking my other hand in hers.

"Agatha, he is..." Odell tried to say, but I didn't allow him to complete. "We are going." I said.

I kept all the clothes which I had taken out back in the bag and took the leftover medicines and first aid kit. I slowly moved Alton from my lap and managed to put a jacket on his bare skin. I tied his shoes to his bag and took both of our bags and hung it on my shoulders.

"Are you sure?" Leola asked. I nodded. She looked at Odell and as agreeing to what she is thinking he got ready for departure.

Odell and Zelma lifted Alton and held on both sides of his arms. I sliced down the big walls of bushes Leo had created and waited for them to lead the way.

I couldn't tell the time and the sky was jet black. The rain drops were hitting me like bullets as I stepped out of the cave. I couldn't see the way forward, everything was covered by a white curtain of water. A cold wind blew, I shivered and my teeth chattered. My legs were unstable and wobbly. Leo came and pulled me next to her rubbing my shoulder.

Zelma and Odell came with Alton lingering on their shoulders. Zelma lead us to the cliff, I didn't know it was a cliff until I went there. We had to go down to the other side to reach the beach, but Zelma halted here.

"Where are they?" Leola asked loudly as the rain took away half of her sound when she asked before.

"They will not come to us, we have to go there." Zelma said. "Jump to the sea."

"What?" Odell yelled at her.

"JUMP TO THE SEA!" She said louder making her words to ring in our ears.

"WHY?" Odell asked.

"JUMP!" She repeated. We jumped to the sea together. I counted 1, 2, 3 in my mind and I got hit on the sea cover first foot then body. The water was so cold that I felt it was a thousand cold knife piercing through my body.

I couldn't go anywhere. Fear covered me, I wanted to breathe but when I tried water got into my lungs. I struggled to the shore, but the currents were taking me away and the weight of two bags was pulling me down. My legs and arms were flapping like I had done in the pond. But it didn't work. At last, I got a hold on someone's hand. Alton? I caught hold on it and I let the currents act.

It was not so long before the water knocked me out. And I felt my head hitting hard on something.

"Agatha." A voice called me.

"Agatha, wake up." I heard another voice.

The Saviours of Anahoma ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें