Chapter 19

Alton's POV

God never in my entire life I had thought I will ride on a dragon. Dragons are just super cool, awesome animals in this entire world, until they attack us.

We touched the clouds and snow was right below us when we were above the mountain. We would have been dead or our legs will not be in a working condition if we were climbing the mountain all the way up then back down too. Nightler made it easy and I'm so grateful for her.

She flew down steadily. She breathed out fire when we hit the ground. I could tell she was happy just like me.

We stepped down carefully as Nightler bend down for us to make it more easy to get down. I was grinning so hard. I felt like a kid who made a good time out of great deal.

I looked at the dragon in its eyes and I was feeling so greatful that I bowed down. My friends did the same, and our little dragon kid bowed its head in response. She made some noise and flapped her bat like scaled wings and flew away into the trees.

Agatha waved at Nightler and turned to us. "She said she will come back when we call her."

"That's great. Nightler is the best dragon I've ever seen." Said Odell.

We all looked at each other and cracked down with laughter.

"Okay, jokes aside. Now let's see what our next destination is." Zelma said pulling out the magical map.

"Don't you think its been so long since we've used this?" She asked.

"I don't think so." I said.

"Mm hm... We don't share the same brain." She said opening the map. She spotted where we are on the map with her pointing finger. She set the map down and kneeled down.

The golden line was changing from the straight line from where we are standing to a curve passing a place which was called The Nilan Meadows. It was written in cursive writing, which I've never managed to get right.

"Why does this thing keeps on changing?" Agatha asking.

"Let it change, we only have to bother about it till we reach the place where all the secrets rest upon." Said Zelma.

"But what if it's leading us to the dangerous path?" Agatha asked.

"Or what if it's leading us to the less dangerous path?" Leola asked back.

"I don't care. Anyway both have danger in it. So why bother about which way we are going?" I said.

"Yes, Armstrong is here, guys. So why do we have to worry? He will manage everything. Right armstrong?" Zelma said in her most annoying tone.

Odell chuckled as always. "Can we go now? I'm totally ready to see our next challenge."

"Me too." Said Leola jumping up. "This way right, Zel?" She asked.

"Yes." Nodded Zelma getting up.

We walked to the left side. The path was bare with yellow soil showing. There were trees on both sides cramped togather. I don't know why, my heartbeat increased suddenly it was like an indication of something bad is going to happen soon. I got a chilly feeling inside, and my hair on my arms stood up.

The thing is everything seemed alright, everybody was okay. Odell and Leola walked together silently. Zelma walked ahead as if in deep thought. Agatha was walking beside me turning her head occasionally as if something is calling her, it might be some birds or animals.

As we walked I felt a cold feeling around my arm like somebody was holding my arm with theirs. I looked at my side but nothing was there, only Agatha walking beside me kicking some stones.