Chapter 21

Leola's POV

It is fun growing plants. I was trying it all the way we were walking. After so many trials I grew an apple tree, and I'm so proud of it. Growing bushes and weeds are easy but fruits are really tough. I accidentally made a hybrid of grape and blueberry. And it was so sour. We had to spit it off just as we popped it in.

We collected some fruits as we went but it wasn't there for too long. We were hungry and all we had is fruits. It's healthy, I like it but I wish for a change.

I wonder how my dad is. It's been three days since I've called him. I hope he is fine, I really wish to be there with him. So far it was dangerous but we are ok but no, nothing will happen.

"Leo." Agatha called, "when are we going to rest?"

"Not until we reach the meadows." I said.

"But my legs."

"It's alright." I said patting her head.

"Alright." She said walking ahead. "Why are you guys so slow? You guys are more like turtles." She complained. We didn't walk faster or tried to keep up with her. She just rushed to reach the meadows and vanished.

When we were half way to that place we saw her sitting on the ground breathing heavily. "I can't do it, guys."

Seeing her we just laughed and moved on. Agatha got up and walked really slow. Zelma looked back and asked, "Now who is slow like a turtle?"

"Ughh..."

"We are almost there." Said Alton.

"I can't walk." She said. He rolled his eyes and went to Agatha.

"Are you sure?"

"Pretty sure."

"Okay," Alton went closer to her and picked her up. "Now you don't have to walk." He said. I could say Agatha was embarrassed, blood rushed onto her cheeks and she smiled.

She didn't say a word until we reach the meadow. We found a nice large tree and drop down our bags. Alton slowly placed Agatha on the ground, who was still blushing.

"Did you like the ride?" He asked.

"Yeah, maybe better than Nightler." She said.

"Cut it off." Zelma said rubbing her forehead. "We are not going to stay here for the night. We will go as far as we can then figure out how to cross the sea."

"I'm not a sea person." Said Agatha.

"But we have to go over that to reach Anahoma."

"Will we get any..."

Zelma interrupted Agatha, "Boats? Don't even think about it. How can there be boats in a place inhabited by monsters?"

"We could take pirate ships." Agatha suggested.

"No thank you." Odell said in a polite tone definitely terrified by her unexpected suggestion. He then walked around the meadows, smelled some flowers, examined some plants and so on.

"Leo, I'm hungry."Said Agatha with puppy eyes.

"But you just ate an apple two minutes before." I said.

"I shared it with you too."

"No you didn't. You didn't even let me take a bite."

"Please, Leo." She pleaded again.

"I'm tired. I'm sorry." I was tired. I tried to grow an apple many times and now my powers drained.

"Let her rest for some time, blabber mouth." Zelma said. Agatha shot her a fierce look which Zelma laughed at.