Chapter 31- burning up

JIMIN POV:

When we arrive back home, (Y/N) pads off to search for Hobi, murmuring that she was going to help him with his assignments. The light floral scent I'd learnt was her trailing behind her as she walked away, marking a path to her with every step she took down the hallways, treading quietly to avoid waking anyone.

There was something so softly appealing about her scent, something both inviting and safe. A haven, a sanctuary. Something that makes me quite hesitant and unwilling to part from it just yet. So even when I pad to my own room, stepping in and eyes falling fondly on the sight of Joon hyung sleeping, stomach down, hands curved around the pillow and cheek smooshed, I find my mind drifting on someone else. Wondering whether if I snuck away quick enough I'd beat (Y/N) to her room.

I make quick work of getting ready for bed, hands drifting away from the pyjamas rather than tugging them on. Giving in to that building urge to shift, to pad over and make sure (Y/N) slept well, to make curl up beside her and chase after more of that sweet floral scent.

And when I awoke the next day, it was with my mind still pleasantly floating, not yet conscious, not yet fully aware, slipping further and further in that sweet scent that clung to my skin. When I awoke it was my body stretched out over the covers, bare and shuffling, wriggling to search for Joon hyung's body, curving near it and drifting back off, mind full of how instinctually pleased I was. 

Drifting stray thoughts that whilst it had made me restless to no end that (Y/N) hadn't slept despite how exhausted she'd been, despite how heavy her scent had been, dragged down with fatigue. How she'd clung to the papers no matter how much I'd tried to bat them away, one instant away from shredding them with my paws and fangs and discarding them.

Remembered, even as I heard Joon hyung's sleepy murmur as he wriggled closer, an arm plastering across my waist, warm and heavy, how she'd caved in, slumped down and lifted her jumper in invitation, hands resting lightly on me. Remembered slipping out after she'd gone still and had relaxed into the mattress, tugging a blanket over her before worming my way back in to curl against her stomach.

And the next I woke, it's with a smile unconsciously curved against my lips, the haze of that sweetness still clinging, proud because I'd done that. I'd scented away her stress and had coaxed her scent out in sweet, enticing heavy waves.

Lifted my head from somewhere off the pillows to come face to face with Joon hyung's bare torso, sheets rucked up low on his waist and facing me.

Lean to nuzzle against his chest, humming sleepily when he shifts and a hand comes to settle in my hair, voice rough with sleep and low.

"You didn't come to bed." He murmurs, voice a bit slurred.

I blink my eyes open, see his own trained on me, curious and a bit rumpled to have gone to sleep alone.

I smile at him.

"Went to make sure (Y/N) went to sleep. Stayed there." I mumble.

Lips curving up as I remembered padding over, nosing the door open and finding it empty. Remembered relishing in how her scent had seeped into each crevice of the room, warm and gentle. Remembered hopping up and curving up on her pillow where the scent of her was strongest, curled up and waiting for her.

"Is that the sweetness on you?" Joon hyung asks, head rising off the pillow as he shuffles closer, ears perking up as he snuffles at my throat, humming against my skin curiously.

I nod, fingers tickling his ears and smiling when they try to fold over, try to shield themselves against my touch, wriggling around before his head rises, moving away.