Chapter 3- mornings and mishaps

HOBI POV:

When I wake, it's to the sight of Yoongi hyung's face tucked behind Tae's, his tail sprawled in a protective embrace over Tae's waist, even as his arms are snaked around him, hugging our cub who lies sandwiched between us. I smile, brushing back the curls that have fallen over Tae's face, sheets rucked as they lie around us. Tae looks so incredibly soft and tender like this, not that he isn't a gentle sweetheart during the day, but when he's asleep his face is softened out from the naturally sharp features that unknowingly appear as intimidating to strangers. I lean forward to peck his forehead, rubbing a hand through his hair to scratch lightly at the base of his ears and finding that my smile widens when a deep rumbling sound comes from his throat, an unconscious happy sound as his instincts register the petting and my scent.

I slide out of bed, padding over- feet naturally quiet against the soft carpet as well as the natural instinctual inclination to be silent movers, though whilst they're awake- that vanishes instantly giving way to a noise buoyance, and pull out a change of clothes and head off to shower.

Once the water is warm enough, I strip off carefully standing a distance away from the showerhead so it doesn't directly spray onto my ears- not particularly liking how harsh the water pressure can be and relax as the warm water washes away the grogginess of sleep and the fatigue of staying seated down for long periods of time. I groan as my muscle seem to remain stiffen, mentally taking note to try and drag out one if not both of them to head out with me for a run later on. Tae will be eager, he loves running through fields without direction, eager to just dispel all that build up energy by having fun and laughing, immersed in his own world that he remains largely unaffected by the different gazes; ranging from awed and interested, to happy and bright, to downright hesitant and hostile.

I love that about him. That he never lets people's perspectives bother him, that he doesn't ever feel the need to hide. He adores the hybrid part of him, accepts and embraces it wholly. Which just adds to his personality. And just as I'm thinking about my fluffy cub, said cub, suddenly spins me around, laughing- a deep melodic happy sound as he stands under the shower spray directly, curls and ears turning sodden in an instant, dark inky strands plastered to his face as he beams at me.

"Morning hyung!" he chirps, sounding far too awake than his usual groggy sleepy adorable self that fumbles around the house.

"Morning baby." I say, tugging him out from the direct line of the water and into my arms to hug him and grinning when his tongue laps at my neck, brief kitten licks as he scents me, the wetness of his tongue mingling with the slippery slide of water, feeling the warm huff of his breath as he looks slightly petulant, continuing his efforts.

He leans back moments later, smiling cutely before reaching behind him to pluck shampoo from the shelves fixed to the wall, squeezing an amount onto his hands.

"Can I...?" he asks, hands already reaching out as I nod to gently lather up my hair, avoiding my ears very carefully as he makes shapes and styles out of the sudsy foam, giggling happily to himself. Tae's careful as he gets a small water jug to carefully rinse out my hair, one hand shielding my ears by turn as he washes the shampoo out and repeats the entire action with conditioner.

I smile at his acts of fussing and coddling- he doesn't really take on that role considering both Yoongi hyung and I am older but he relishes in taking care of us in these small ways, or knowing when to situate himself happily, always observant, onto our laps when the air is thick with soured scents whether it be from stress, external pressure, or any other factor.

"All done." He says and without any hesitation, brings his head forward for me to do the same- the reciprocated act of grooming each other in another way, content to let the water wash over him, soaking him as I wash his hair, cleaning the fur of his ears too. He's practically preening as I wash his hair, utterly content to have his ears petted and gently cleaned and fully trusting. It takes time to build such a close bond and whenever I look at hyung and Tae I never fail to be amazed and feel my heart expand with warmth and giddiness- that I got so lucky to have them as family, to be able to call them my own.