Chapter 47- fluttering hearts

YOONGI POV:

I pad over quietly to the other end of the apartment, feet noiseless as I move down the hallways, instincts feeling slightly unsettled by the lack of appearance of the three of them. Logically I know that (Y/N)'s in good hands; that she's being looked after by both of them. But a restless part of me still wants to confirm, to make sure that none of them need anything and that she's not hurting.

A part of me, that had vehemently denied to Tae in attempt to keep him from bounding over with me, wants to see if she's still shifted; heart still soft and tender with fondness for the beautiful little fawn that had wobbled further into my life, had curved up and nestled into a little circle; secure and snug in the growing warmth and love I felt for her. The image of her carefully scooped up and cradled by Jin hyung, black wings curled around her as he'd walked from the living room was still fresh in my mind.

And as my fingers curl around the door handle, it's excited anticipation that thrums in my veins as I quietly push the door open, peeking in to the room; curtains still drawn, eyes falling to the sight of the bed.

There's the sound of deep, even breathing as I pad in, quiet slipping in and immediately encompassed by the scent of soft cotton, vanilla and light slumbering anise, the pheromones a heavy blanket that settles in the room, clinging to each particle of air with its sleepy enticing haze.

A bit of tension bleeds out my posture, relaxing unconsciously on knowing they're still sleeping, padding forward, lips curving up when I see Kookie's face smushed against the pillows, ears flopped in sleep and half draped across his cheek. I spot a black wing second, curved across the bed as Jin hyung sleeps, blanketing away the sight of (Y/N) as she had been last night.

And as I move closer, I see Jin hyung's body shift slightly, wings rustling as he wriggles in sleep, eyes blinking open. He seems to sense me rather than hear me move close, head turning on the pillow and tousled dark hair shifting as he peers at me through lowered lashes, lidded eyes tracking my movements.

He silently holds a hand out for me, lips stretching into a sleepy smile as I pad over, fingers sliding against his palm as I round the side to him, sinking down on the edge of the large bed when he gives a small tug to my fingers.

"Sleep well kit?" he mumbles, wings rustling and shifting as he rolls over slightly to peer at me, eyes warm and hazy with sleep flickering in the soft brown of his irises.

I nod, tail curling and swishing behind me as I look at him.

"I served my function as a body pillow for Tae." I say with a wry smile, eyes flickering over to the space between the two when my fingers involuntarily tighten and tail stills, ears flickering as I feel my eyes widen.

Stilling at the sight between them.

Because there isn't a shifted fawn curled between the two of them. There isn't the sight of the curled up circle of soft brown that had fallen asleep between Jimin's legs yesterday and clambered onto Jin hyung's lap. There isn't a fawn there.

But the unshifted, sleeping, bare figure of (Y/N)'s body curved under the sheets. My eyes catch sight of marks colouring the curve of her bare shoulder, clear where teeth had sunk down, bruised marks colouring her skin, gland swollen and puffy and red, scent seeping out in sweet light trails.

I hear the rustle as Jin hyung turns, a soft intake of breath as he realises what's happened. That she'd shifted back in her sleep, body bare and curled under the sheets. My eyes drift to the sight of an inked arm curled around her over the sheets, tucking her close against Kookie who's nose twitches in sleep, head unconsciously drifting closer, the sheets tugged away from his body, leg curled over her, puffs of breath exhaled where his head rests against the back of hers.