Chapter 5- two heads are better than one

(Y/N) POV:

The sight of Min Jun submitting makes me feel both nauseous and furious. Disgusted and horrified at the lengths and extents the traffickers have been grooming him, already clearly having begun to implement training to prepare him to be a sex slave, a sex toy and it makes my instincts flare immediately- surging and welling up to the surface like the rapid, forceful crests of strong waves, scent turning softer and more soothing in response to the young bear hybrid but also underlined with silent seething fury.

I don't even realise my scent has begun to seep out pass the scent blockers- strong enough to filter through because it makes Min Jun turn, eyes widening and a low sad rumble from his chest, immediately dropping from his submitting position to get close to me, a sad snuffle as he responds to my pheromones- both calmed by it and yet seeming to feel my distress, be hurt on my behalf.

And he's not the only one to make a sound. There's two deep growls coming from behind me, one deeper than the other and both laced with anger and the room spikes with protective rage, sharp pheromones that make me scrunch my nose, breathing in shallowly so my head doesn't start to swim with the domineering scents, fighting the urge to bow my head and make myself smaller.

My hands are trembling as I bring Min Jun close to hold, feeling only slightly settled as I find him tucking himself close, his own frail body trembling with confusion, with being exposed to the predator officers- given how much of his basic instincts he'd been denied of, it's no wonder. I get to my feet, legs wobbling slightly with the influx of pheromones and of my own instincts welling up to the surface- my eyes fall to the closed door.

Namjoon must've shut it behind him. it would be a standard police procedure and it was one I followed too, it ensured that whoever I was caring for wasn't startled by sudden appearances, but right now it meant that the scents were just filling the air up with no way to escape.

"You're both free to wait, but I should...I should get Min Jun bathed." I say feet fumbling slightly and tail rising slightly when I get closer to them, to pass by them to get out of the office.

A gentle hand stills me, resting on my forearm and when I peer up at Namjoon's face, his imposing authoritative aura has receded slightly to give way to a soft thoughtful expression. This look is warm and welcoming, different to the authority he carries himself with.

"Take your time (Y/N), Min Jun needs you. We can come back another time. One that suits you." he says gently, lips curving into a small encouraging smile when I seem to hesitate. The smile does it, a hint of faint dimples appearing and brown eyes soft as he looks at me.

I nod, the movement slightly stiff because of how stronger his dominant pheromones seep into the air and fill my lungs and I rush out, breathing in large gulps of air to cleanse the way their scents had filled my senses, feeling the stiffness to my posture ease.

I head over to the large bathroom, opening the door with a careful hand and frowning in confusion when I see the large basket filled with gentle unscented soaps and shampoos and body washes. I walk over to fill the bath- checking the temperature with my hand first.

"Sweetheart do you want bubbles? And you can choose the scent too." I say, gently rubbing my hand up and down his back to get his attention. He lifts his head, eyes wide, tawny irises blinking in surprise.

"Bubbles?" he asks, head cocked- both curiosity and uncertainty in his voice.

And not for the first time today I feel my heart clench- because the poor cub has been denied of so many simple joys, of simple knowledge. And the slightly fearful reaction he has towards the words makes me think back to his early reaction and wonder just how much goodness and normalcy from his life has been shattered, forcefully dispelled.